Tips on how to kill the mother in law (and preferably not get caught)?

Star*

call 911........call 911
(belts into song)

GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen Acres is the place to be.........
HAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd Livin' is the life for me........................

Good grief.

SuZir

Thank you so much for pointing out the absurdity of mother in law's comments. Helped me laugh. And this is kind of one of those 'you can laugh at it or you can cry, but you have to deal with it' situations. And I prefer to laugh.

But yeah, of course I wouldn't mind spending my mother's day excluding the kid who made me a mother. To whom I fell madly, deeply, truly in love on the moment I saw him the first time. With the force I had never even imagined could be possible. I do love easy child just as much, but there is something special in the bond with that first born and having those experiences first time.

And my mother in law is also a mother who does love her children so she has to know this. But she is, who she is and with being able to laugh to that comment I'm one big step closer to finding that Zen (and my garden work is also getting on nicely.)

And I even got a special treat. difficult child will be here already Thursday night instead of Friday, so I get one more day with him. He had an longer appointment scheduled with his team's physiotherapist for Friday morning but the poor guy fell sick (just a cold so I don't need to feel too bad for him) and they had to re-scheduled so difficult child only has independent training planned for Friday and he can do that here. He has had a busy winter and has not been visiting home that often, so I have really missed him.

susiestar

Roll With It
An extra day with difficult child is an awesome Mom's Day gift!!!

I would be more worried that my husband didn't see his mom's manipulation in the "I didn't think Susi would mind" garbage statement. She knew. She is testing to see what she is allowed to get away with.

You need to just start shutting her down. Tactfully, but if a hint doesn't work then be blunt. "difficult child may have had a problem, but he has worked very hard and is earning top grades and is on the team now. How is loser uncle Mo doing down at the tavern? How many hundreds did you pay on his tab this week?"

Yes, that is too blunt, but I am exhausted and fighting a migraine. But you get the drift - just be subtle. Smack her down with a ruler first, not the baseball bat!

SuZir

Just checking in to see if she's dead yet. ;)

No, I have decided that mother in law is going to stay alive for now. I recently noticed that there is a stain in my funeral attire and it is not coming of. And it is a lousy time to try to buy new funeral clothes. Almost only bright colours in shops. Have to wait till fall.