Tired of parenting explosive pre-teen

buddy

They have an even better one now in Children's er hospital. I don't know why they don't have it everywhere for challenging kids.....it is a thing they put on the arm and the medicine is like a lidocaine gas that just goes thru the skin, they feel nothing. The lidocaine cream had to be put on thick and left at least twenty minutes and does help some, can make veins harder to get at (sister was an iv nurse, and Q always has a tube) but we use it. The hospital kind sounds like a pop can and is immediate and deep. Zero pain. One hundred percent effective. Its called a j-tip and looks like a shot but has no needle...just touches the arm. The cream is called EMLA. There are better cream and gel medications and a patch but not all are available. I think the jtip should be used everywhere. Its amazing. Q loved it.

AgentP

They have an even better one now in Children's er hospital. I don't know why they don't have it everywhere for challenging kids.....it is a thing they put on the arm and the medicine is like a lidocaine gas that just goes thru the skin, they feel nothing. The lidocaine cream had to be put on thick and left at least twenty minutes and does help some, can make veins harder to get at (sister was an iv nurse, and Q always has a tube) but we use it. The hospital kind sounds like a pop can and is immediate and deep. Zero pain. One hundred percent effective. Its called a j-tip and looks like a shot but has no needle...just touches the arm. The cream is called EMLA. There are better cream and gel medications and a patch but not all are available. I think the jtip should be used everywhere. Its amazing. Q loved it.

*Thanks! I will make sure we get those or that they will use them.