Tired of Wading Though the *ahem* - Stuff

exhausted

Quote-
I appreciate knowing that.
Thank you for sharing.
I'm almost sure that will work.
Let me know how that works.
Oh......I love you

These are great-will committ them to memory and pray that I don't crack up as I use them!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
KTMom--

Thanks! I appreciate the hugs! Knowing that others have been down this road definitely helps!

Linda--

Those are good! I'm going to use them! (Probably even more than I think...)

Busywend--

Yes, the thinking is definitely "out there". And sometimes it's easy to see when and why difficult child's are just saying stuff to "get us"....but when they are talking about their big plans and it's soooo off-the-wall...I just don't understand it.

K--

Gotta love it! The threats....their version of "logic"...etc

Steely--

Thanks! A lot of times, it's very hard to find the humor when it's happening...

It's nice to be able to share here and get some understanding so that we can all laugh together!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
And there's an "update" to this thread....

:bigsmile:

difficult child just found out that military recruiters are sponsering a trip for anyone interested in possibly joining the military. All interested / potential recruits are welcome.

difficult child really wants to go.

BUT - she's having a really hard time explaining to me why there would be a special trip for potential recruits if the military is "full".

Hmmm...if there's no recruiting, I guess there's no need to go on a trip.

I love it when it works out this way!

dashcat

You know, I'm sorry we're in the same boat but it sure is nice to know I'm not floating alone.

Busywend, your pizza story cracked me up. When my difficult child was signing up for college (a college 8 hours away when she promised to stay within four hours - another story for another day), she mentioned she was thinking of taking Russian for her language requirement. I - very casually - said "You might consider an easier language since you'll only be taking two years". She immediately signed up for Russian. Did I care? I did not. However, every chance she got, she'd tell people (in front of me) My mom thinks it's stupid that I'm taking Russian. Sigh. At the end of the first sememster, when she'd recieved a D in Russian, she announced that Russian was going to be her minor. When she left school midway through the nexgt semester, having FAILED Russian - and everything else, she continued to pronounce that she is fluent in Russian. She even half convinced her uncle, who lives in Saipan, that she should come and stay with them for a year because she could get a job at the local hotel that caters to RUSSIAN tourists! I was able to set him straight.

ARGH! All because of ONE innnocent and well-intentioned sentance on my part.

Even her Facebook page says she speaks RUSSIAN!!! She took less than a year and FAILED!

Oh, and the careers? Before it became apparent that she aws a difficult child, she watned to be a youth minister - would only look at Catholic colleges, etc. by the way, I actually bought into this.

Then - social worker.

Then - a counselor specializing in adolescent treatment.

Then - police officer.

Then - hairdresser, owning her very own salon.

Then - business major with the goal of opening a restaurant with her boyfriend, neither of whom have ever worked in a restaurant.

and, now..... (drumroll!) WEDDING PLANNER!

ARGH!

She tells people she's a classically trained pianist and teacher. She DOES have a real talent on the piano,but has not taken lessons since 7th grade and has never taught.

I could go on and on....

I'll have to tell her the military isn't "full" anymore. Maybe there's hope...
Dash

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Could you perhaps?
Could you talk to mental health since they are SO up on everything and ask about Wil Lou Gray Opportunity School here in Columbia - since she wants to join the military AND she needs an Residential Treatment Center (RTC)?

Well, shut my mouth....!

difficult child has expressed interest in the Will Lou Gray opportunity school...so I called them for more information.

Turns out - (that despite all the videos on their website encouraging girls to apply) they are NOT ACCEPTING female cadets due to budget cuts.

Pffftttt!!!