TM, how was Duckie's party?

tiredmommy

Well, you know it's going to be a challenging time when the first guest knocks the cake off the table.

My inlaws didn't attend.

Then there was the spilt soda on the winter jackets.

And the children climbing up on (and then jumping off of) the furniture.

And one Mom picking up her daughter 35 minutes after every one else had left.

But Duckie put it in perspective by pointing out there wasn't one squabble and every one was kind to each other.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:rofl: Sounds like it was a HUGE success!

There's a boy who's come to two of difficult child 2's birthday parties and one of difficult child 1's and every single time his parents come a minimum of 30 minutes after the stated end time for the party. These were all parties at an establishment, not at our house, so we couldn't leave until this boy's parent(s) came to get him -- so I can relate.

It's too bad about the cake and the spilled soda, but good for Duckie being able to see the silver lining to it all. :D

I PM'd you my cell, so you can give me a call Friday and hopefully we can meet to say "hi" some time between performances.

Sounds like her 8th birthday will be full of wonderful memories!

F

flutterbee

I'm glad she had a good time and I love her outlook. difficult child would have fallen apart over the cake and that would have been the end of the party for her.

There always seems to be that parent at every party that is late picking up their kid.

Have fun in Disneyland!

Last edited by a moderator:

susiestar

Roll With It
She has a great outlook! And this will be one of those parties you look back on and remember with laughter when she has a child of her own. Or when she is a teen and you want a funny story to tell some prospective boyfriend LOL!

I can still remember one of Jessie's parties. We had it at a local park which had a FREE Waterpark designed for children (no pool, just sprinklers and waterslides, etc...

She wanted a cake with polka dots - but she wanted the polka dots to be cookies iced and then dipped in colored sugar. I ended up making the cookies AND the cake from scratch because thank you's allergies. By the time we got to the point where we were blowing out candles, the kids (and some of us adults) had picked off almost ALL the polka dot cookies, leaving these big gaping holes in the icing where you could see the cake beneath.

but the kids all had fun and no one but me got a sunburn, LOL!

I am so glad the in-laws didn't show up to put a damper on things. They can celebrate with Duckie on another day.