To keep us all guessing...

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by Chaosuncontained, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Chaosuncontained

Chaosuncontained New Member

It always seems that Carson will have a few really hairy, bad days. Then a few normal, but worse than "easy child normal", days. And then he throws us a bone. A glimmer. A sparkling slice of...well, sunshine. A perfectly behaved day. Full of playing nice with his brothers. No agression towards his sisters. Playing fair. No hitting the computers, screaming hateful words. A good day.

Those are the best of days. Those are the days I day dream about on any of the other days. Those are the days I glance towards heaven and whisper "Thank you".

Today was one of those days. I love this boy... even on his worst days. But today was soooo gooood.
  2. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

Its days like this this that remind us of why we're going to all this effort... there really is a lovable kid in there somewhere that we're trying to help survive and surface...
  3. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

It's why we don't give up, even when others are telling us we're angels, saints or NUTS.
  4. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

And there are some on this board who have been all three... at the same time!
  5. Steely

Steely Active Member

Beautifully worded Chaos - I SO know how you feel.
  6. buddy

buddy New Member

Ditto Steely. Thanks for sharing that. you are right, it makes a huge difference to get those reminders of who is inside all of the "chaos", smile.
  7. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

IC - that's me, right now...