Today is difficult child's birthday

crazymama30

I can't believe he is 11. It just does not seem possible. He has been doing very well lately, and I hope his party goes well. It is just family and famiy friends, and he invited his one (and only) friend from school. I have not gotten an RSVP call, so I don't know if he is coming. I hope so, difficult child will be devastated if he cannot come. This is the first friend he has had that is not more of a difficult child than he is. It is great. When difficult child leaves for school in the morning he takes a skateboard and a scooter and 2 helmets, so his friend can ride one and he can ride one, and goes to friend's house first and then they go to school together. Please cross your fingers that the friend can come.

Jena

Aw Happy Birthday difficult child!!!!! :)

I hope he has a great day and a great party. I hope his friend shows up, i know how important that can be for them.

klmno

Fingers are crossed that all goes as planned and he has a great evening!! Happy Birthday, difficult child!!

TerryJ2

Happy Birthday, difficult child!

I've got my fingers crossed that the friend can come. When is the party?

Andy

Happy Birthday difficult child! I hope you had a fantastic day and was able to share it with your friend.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh another December difficult child like mine! I SO hope the friend can come. I SO understand how important these relationships are for our difficult child's and how few and far between they can be. My mommy heart has hurt so many times for my difficult child's and their lack of friends, as I'm sure yours has too.

Hope he has a WONDERFUL birthday!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Oh I hope he came to the party. My heart skipped when I read this. I so know the feeling. I wish K had a friend.
She is so sweet, but yet to make a connection with anyone.
Our poor kids... I wish we all lived next to each other...
My pathetic dream of a difficult child commune!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY difficult child!!!

crazymama30

:dance::happyguy:

The friend made it. I am so glad, difficult child would have been absolutely heartbroken if he would not have made it. Everything has gone well, friend is still here, his dad will be back in a short while to get him. difficult child is already trying to give his friend his toys, which is what he does with his friends. He is so generous at heart, and will do anything to make another person happy.

I am so glad the friend came. This is a good friendship, and one I have been trying to encourage.

klmno

I'm so happy for him! He'll probably remember this for years!! It is so meaningful when they finally get a good friend....