Today is the day and apprehension rules...

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
RM, you can opt out from all those pre-screened credit card offers.

The difficult children used to practice forging our signatures. I was always a wreck about getting cash advance checks in the mail, little did I know it would be a hypomanic husband who would get us in trouble using those!

I did the opt out of credit card offers a long time ago and don't remember how I did it. A quick google search brought me to 1-888-5-OPTOUT as an option. Search "credit card offer opt out" and see what you find. There is a website link that looks like it should do it too, but easier probably for you to just click the links from there.

I do remember what I did, though, to stop those "convenience checks" my credit card companies would send me periodically. Those really scared me, as they were a very direct route to financial chaos, I never knew when they were coming and so wouldn't know if they were missing, and I never asked for them or used them. I called each company I had an account with, and asked them to stop it. No more checks have come since.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Yes, RM, and anyone else with a question.....please just google said question. husband and I own a minute amount of google shares. He is retired and we need the money!;)

I would call your credit card companies and request that no cash advance checks be mailed to your house. I'd get the full name of the person on the other line, just to make sure that I am taken seriously.

JJJ

If anyone has a difficult child staying with them for a brief spell, you can have the post office hold your mail. It is a pain to go pick it up (with ID) but you can have it held -- and have a notice to only release your mail to you.