Today is the day....Need support

My3girls&me

After a very stressful week last week, I called my daughter's doctor to make her an appointment. We are going to see a new PCP today. As I have mentioned before, the doctor she usually sees doesn't seem to take me too seriously or seem very helpful. He almost has this attitude where putting kids on medications at an early age is too new school for him. Almost, the just put your foot in their behind attitude like my grandparents have. This doctor we are seeing today specializes in behavioral issues and is at a different office. I am feeling optimistic. We had a really tough time last night at bedtime and I am just so brokenhearted for my child. Can anyone give me some advice on what to bring up and how to go about explaining everything I need to explain. Her appointment at Children's is not until April 08 and I am hoping this appointment will at least get me in the right direction. Any advice would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance as I know you will all come running to support me :angel:

tired Cheryl

Me too...Yesterday was insane and I could not get onto the site due to computer issues. Sorry that I could not reply before your appointment. How did it go? What is going on with your difficult child?

My3girls&me

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. My life has been a whirlwind lately. EK's appointment went fairly well. It was basically alot of talking and filling out forms and things. We are suppose to go back on the 13th. He referred us to a mental health clinic in town and she has also started a new therapy group at her school that is suppose to help increase her social skills. I guess we are moving in the right direction. She has not had any problems at school persey other than yesterday I was told she has a "really tough" day but wasn't given much more explanation than that. I am feelig a little more optimistic that we are at least getting something started. Thanks for all the support I have received here. It has made a big difference.