Today is the day!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by tiredmommy, Jun 19, 2012.

1. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

Duckie has her 5th grade graduation ceremony today! It's hard to believe her elementary days are over. (I'm a little worried about this group of girls going to middle school: Watch out!). Anyway, she's learned a lot and grown a lot and I get to be a proud mama today. :)
  2. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

They grow up too darn fast.
  3. Andy

Andy Active Member

Congratulations to Duckie! You have every right to be proud! Duckie is an amazing kid! She is lucky to have a mom who opens fun doors for her and teaches her to manage her challenges.
  4. buddy

buddy New Member

5. Californiablonde

Californiablonde Well-Known Member

Congratulations Duckie! You must be so proud. My son graduated 5th grade last Friday but they didn't have a ceremony. They just gave him a certificate at the end of the year. I wish they would have done something more. Anyway, congrats to you and her.
  6. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Congrats to Duckie!!!!! You do have every reason to be proud.

Did you cry? I've cried at many of them (it's the grade I teach) and many parents cry as well (so do the kids:)).
  7. KateM

KateM Member

Congratulations, Duckie and TM!!

You are a wonderfully involved mom. You're baby is growing so fast! All the best in middle school!
  8. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

Congrats & Enjoy the success!!!!
  9. tiredmommy

Lord! Help Me!!!! I have a

Middle Schooler!!!!!!!!!
  10. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

If you think THAT's bad... your next big milestone is...

11. tiredmommy

one step at a time.... :wildone:
  12. tiredmommy

So I survived the last two days: 5th grade graduation (sniff, sniff), a pool party with 24 girls, a few parents and a life guard (she's the key to everything!). Then, we cleaned up the house and yard a bit, showered and took off for Duckie's dance banquet. It's been a fun and exhausting few days!