Today is Timer Appreciation Day~

Star*

call 911........call 911
I was just thinking that in all the years I've known Linda (relatively board speaking) I never had a chance to get to 'know' her, until a few days ago. I sat speaking with her sometimes on the verge of tears, because you just really never know what someone goes through in a day and how tremendously brave they are, or how much they've had to deal with on a daily basis for so many years. I think a lot more of us here know how it can seem like it's never ending. I hope this is the beginning of your luck, health and knowing without doubt there are a lot of people who care.

The thing that struck me about this amazing gal is that despite everything that we shared - she could still keep going, and trying and has this iron will. Quite a testament to her solid gold soul. I did not hear defeat in her voice - I heard I'm a little tired. I didn't hear pity, I heard I need a better way to do it. I didn't hear fear - I heard continued courage on my good days. I did hear her clunking around in that big house, and I think a time or two I heard a cat....lol. I heard a Mother who is worried about HER childrens futures. I heard a woman who is worried about her health and rightly so. My goodness I had no idea all you deal with girl. Again what an iron will. Such a shining example for your kids and anyone who really gets to know you. I'm honored to have you as a friend.

I just wanted to tell you that in front of all of us....because to say it just to you in a card or letter or over the phone? Well...that's okay and all but I wanted you to know how much I appreciate your daily struggles and admire you because if the rest of the world knew the crosses you bear every day? There would be far less complaints heard in so many places. I am in awe of your strength and resolve. Truly, you are a remarkable woman.

Thats why I'm dubbing today - TIMER APPRECIATION DAY.....You deserve a week or more....but I'll start with a day.

Hugs & Love for All that you've given to me just by being Linda
Thank you so much.
Star

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Star

I 2nd that motion.......

And so it passes!! :D

You put it so precisely and so well that I can't think of anything to add, Star.

Linda, you are indeed one amazing lady. I am honored to know you and have you as a friend.

Hugs

crazymama30

It is done. Linda, I have a quote from you in my dayplanner that I look at. I tend to use it more with husband than with difficult child. "medications are a grand experiment in terror." It sure has been that way with husband.

You are an inspiration to me.

Nancy

Star,

You have described Linda exactly as I found her in person this past summer. A woman with incredible strength and not an ounce of self pity.

Linda I have a great deal of affection and respect for you. You taught me a lot that weekend about not giving up. I truly do appreciate you.

Hugs,
Nancy

JJJ

Linda,

Since I first 'met' you 8 years ago on these boards, you have been a mentor to me. When I thought I couldn't do one more thing, you would have a suggestion that just worked wonderfully and gave us that moment of strength to get to the next day.

Your tweedles are clearly lucky for having you (and your husband for 9 years). But my kiddos are also lucky for having you in my life because of the positive impact your suggestions and support have had on our lives.

Thank you.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
You are someone I look up to and can only wish to one day aspire to have the courage to be as strong as you.
With such grace and tact... so much wisdom.

I don't know if I could ever appreciate you enough

susiestar

Roll With It
Linda, you have been and continue to be an inspiration to me. You have had to handle so much, and have done it all with a grace and dignity I only hope to have.

You have not only been a Warrior Mom for your precious children, and an inspiration to us so that we can be as effective an advocate for our kids as you are, but you have also changed the way that difficult children are handled in your state.

In fighting for your children you achieved an unprecedented level of cooperation between the "experts" who treat the children and you also created similar levels of cooperation for other children. You changed how abused children are seen and treated.

You also bring calm hope into the picture for everyone who knows you.

I am glad that I can call you my friend.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I had the pleasure of meeting Linda in Ohio this summer She is a force. She is iron willed, courageous, fearless, hopeful, kind, funny, determined, and compassionate. She is the brave mama bear, the mighty warrior mom. She is all of us wrapped into one. She has made a difference in people's lives.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Linda,
Ditto to what everyone has said. I enjoyed meeting you a few years back and have loved knowing you through the board. You really are an amazing woman with such strength and soul. I truly am inspired by you.

Sending love and hugs your way.

Steely

Linda, since I first came to this board, your story is the one that continues to resonate with me the most. I talk about your journey with friends, as if I know you personally, yet I don't. You are an inspiration. Your tenacity, your courage, your strength; are things that I hold onto in my greatest times of defeat. You are my hero.

So many hugs and so much love.
A.

busywend

Happy Timer Day!

Timer has inspired me in many ways. Her most powerful impression on me has been her reminders to love and appreciate your family because you just do not know when they will be gone. Timer was brutally reminded of that when her mom died and I am sure has since had the feeling with the passing of her husband. She gave me the gift of not having to experience the loss of a family member and have the reminder before it is too late.

Thanks Linda!

Penta

I don't read or post often anymore, but Linda's family story is one of great inspiration for me....her constant reminders to live as fully as you can every day.

Mattsmom277

Timer Appreciation Day .... PERFECT!!!

You're a wonderful woman that screams "GRACE UNDER PRESSURE". Enjoy your day today. Clearly you are beloved!

Lothlorien

Add ADMIRATION to that title. I certainly admire this woman! Though her armor is tattered, beaten and worn, she stands out as one of the ultimate warrior moms! Three cheers for Linda! Woot! Woot! Woot!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I am truly humbled & in tears. I feel privileged to know each of you ~ there isn't a better group of parents.

Thank you.