Today was

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
the school board election. Of course I am gone so I didn't get to vote but I called husband to asked him to remind folks etc. I have not worried about this election the whole time. It ended up being me and 4 guys running so five of us going for two positions. The thing is the election was over at 8 my time. So over an hour ago. I am so far away and it is a small enough area that it isn't going to pop online in any news (not that I haven't been looking). So I called husband and asked if it had been on the local tv station. He said he hadn't watched for it yet. Besides the news isn't on until 10. I said I know but sometimes they announce the stuff as it happens and such on the one tv channel. He said he would watch for it and then watch the news at 10.

I didn't get worked up today either about this. Just now when I want to know the results. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, Help me have patience with waiting and maybe think a positive thought they voted for me.

beth

klmno

Well, we all think you are great and would do a great job. Whether or not you win in our political system- try not to worry about it- it certainly isn't a reflection on who you are as a person. We all know that. Hang in there! I'm sure it must be a tense night for you, especially not being there to find out what is going on first hand.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Well the pain is over. I know the results. I came in 4th. It will be interesting to see how the two guys do over the next while. I will look at running next year maybe. Never know what next year will bring. Ah well at least I can say I tried. Off to bed now. At least I will sleep.

beth

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Ooooh, I'm sorry you didn't win! But I think it's great you threw your hat in the ring... who knows about next year? Your name definitely got some visibility just by running this year, right?

trinityroyal

Beth, you would have made an excellent school board member.
Sorry the results didn't go your way, and I think running again next year is a great idea.

nvts

Hey! Wait a minute! In a way, the election DID go your way. You've now got a name in the Educational realm without the added required responsibilities of going to meetings, listening to political b.s., but have now established yourself as a knowledgeable, involved, intelligent force to be reconned with.

Having a title would have been nice, but right now and for the year to come, you will be listened to in a different light.

Congratulations on a job well done, Beth! While you didn't take it home this year, you've made yourself someone to be carefully listened to!

Beth

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Sorry you didn't get the position, but sometimes it's just a matter of getting your name out there. People don't always vote by your stance on issues, they usually vote because they think they've heard your name in a positive light......maybe next year they will recognize your name....... keep yourself in the positive news and chances are next year you will be on the board...... How many of the winners this year were public figures?