Today's Goals 11/13

SRL

As I mentioned in the update thread I am really floudering in areas requiring discipline. I'm overwhelmed with the house and my eating and I need to get a grip. I am keeping up with laundry, good meals, shopping, and the kids so it's not like we're not keeping afloat here, just not in the organized healthy way we should. Yesterday I cleaned out the fridge and rearranged the shelves to work better for our needs--that's the kind of stuff I need to do throughout my home.

These are my small step goals for today in addition to my regular stuff:
1) Fold and put away all the laundry in my folding area.
2) Stay out of the peanut butter jar.
3) Go for a short walk.
4) Take a box of stuff we don't need out of the house (ie in the van for a trip to the thrift shop).

I'm going to check back in here later to report to keep myself accountable.

Anyone else have goals for today you'd like to add here?

trinityroyal

SRL, I think this is a great idea.

Here are my goals for today.
1) Go through the job listings and make at least 5 new contacts.
2) Follow up on existing job applications to check status.
3) Prepare a list of questions for the meeting at difficult child's Residential Treatment Center (RTC) tonight.
4) Fold and put away the clean laundry
5) Organize my painting equipment in preparation for doing the kitchen cupboards.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I like this a lot!

Here are my goals for today:

1) Eat lunch at home with H
2) Pick up my blood paperwork from the DR's office for the lab
3) Put away a basket of laundry that's been in my room since Sunday
4) Mail difficult child's tuition payment and pray the check doesn't bounce! haha
5) Take my shower early so I can go to bed straight after ER
6) Do more work, play less BeJeweled
7) Drink more H2O

That should do it for today.

trinityroyal

Here are my goals for today.
1) Go through the job listings and make at least 5 new contacts.
2) Follow up on existing job applications to check status.
3) Prepare a list of questions for the meeting at difficult child's Residential Treatment Center (RTC) tonight.
4) Fold and put away the clean laundry
5) Organize my painting equipment in preparation for doing the kitchen cupboards.

Progress so far:
1) Made 1 new contact, passed on from a friend. Didn't do any active looking
2) No follow-up
3) Working on this now
4) Done
5) Haven't gone near the garage.

I can still get some of this done tonight, but I just feel disengaged from it all.
Sigh.

SRL

That looked like an ambitous list when you posted it this morning! I'm taking anything accomplished that I wouldn't have done otherwise as a step forward and you should too.

These are my small step goals for today in addition to my regular stuff:
1) Fold and put away all the laundry in my folding area. This didn't happen but partly because I kept dragging in more laundry as I completed it and partly because I had two important people things come up that needed immediate attention--a sick friend and I just found I needed to take a nice meal to some teachers tomorrow.
2) Stay out of the peanut butter jar. When I got the craving I spread a small amount on whole grain crackers and that was enough to satisfy me.
3) Go for a short walk. Did that
4) Take a box of stuff we don't need out of the house (ie in the van for a trip to the thrift shop) It was a small bag--not what I'd hoped to get done.

Jo, how did you do?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
How did I do?

1) Eat lunch at home with H - CHECK
2) Pick up my blood paperwork from the DR's office for the lab - CHECK (EVEN HAD THE LAB WORK COMPLETED ON MY WAY OUT!)
3) Put away a basket of laundry that's been in my room since Sunday - DID THAT THIS MORNING!
4) Mail difficult child's tuition payment and pray the check doesn't bounce! haha - CHECK!
5) Take my shower early so I can go to bed straight after ER - CHECK!
6) Do more work, play less BeJeweled - CHECK!
7) Drink more H2O - DID OKAY, COULD HAVE USED MORE H2O.

Sounds like we all tried and did pretty good! Now what about today??

trinityroyal

Today:
1) Meet mother in law for lunch
2) Go grocery shopping
3) Send out the notes I took during last night's Residential Treatment Center (RTC) staffing meeting to all who attended (and the one dude who missed the meeting)
4) Knit a few more rows of Little PCs birthday sweater-in-the making. Dig out a pattern for matching mittens and hat
5) Use the cool auto-send thingy on the job board I'm using, to send my resume out to all the local recruiters at once. (Let THEM do the work for me.)

SRL, I think you're right that my list from yesterday was WAY too ambitious. Put too much pressure on myself, and didn't meet my own expectations. Today...a less jam-packed list.

Jo, good on you for getting through everything.

Trinity

SRL

Good going, Jo and good luck today, Trinity.

1) I don't have much leeway today as I'm making a big dinner (soup, pie, homemade rolls, and spinach salad). I've got a lot of the cooking prep behind me but I want it all cleaned up before I crash this evening.
2) I need to mail a book.
3) Get to that laundy folding and putting away that I didn't finish yesterday.
4) Not OD on the rolls coming out of the oven.
5) If time, do a store return that's been in my van all week.

I don't have to worry about the peanut butter jar now, because as of yesterday, it's empty.:tongue:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Trinity, good luck on your list! I know that I used to put too many things on my list...for the day. So, I started making a weekend list instead - thus, giving me TWO days. During the week, IF I make a list at all, I try to make it doable so I don't become overwhelmed by all the tasks I have to complete.

Today's list"

1) Pay my bills on line
2) Pick up my RX at the pharmacy
3) Remember my vitamins in my bag
4) Complete the work on my desk by 1PM
5) Rest for 25 minutes after lunch before my sister and I leave for PA.
6) Love up my H and the dogs.

trinityroyal

Today:
1) Meet mother in law for lunch. Done! Had a great time.
2) Go grocery shopping. Waiting for husband to get home from work, as he wants to come along.
3) Send out the notes I took during last night's Residential Treatment Center (RTC) staffing meeting to all who attended (and the one dude who missed the meeting). Typing them up now.
4) Knit a few more rows of Little PCs birthday sweater-in-the making. Dig out a pattern for matching mittens and hat. Will knit while watching TV later this evening. No luck with the pattern. Will check the internet to see if there are knitting patterns online.
5) Use the cool auto-send thingy on the job board I'm using, to send my resume out to all the local recruiters at once. (Let THEM do the work for me.) Went one better. Got a call from a headhunter referred by a friend. He has 4 bids out for a project (they need 8 people in total), and he's submitting me for 4 of them. With some of the same people I was working with on my previous contract (fingers crossed that something comes together here. They are a great team)

Even though I've finished only 2 things on my list, I feel better overall today. (Maybe I need to go out for lunch with mother in law more often!)

SRL, how are your dinner preparations going?
Jo, how are you faring today?

Trinity

LittleDudesMom

I have always been a list maker! It runs in my dad's side of the family - seriously!

I make a list every Sunday night (been doing that for about 20 years now). I put some things with a day attached, and others just things to be done for the week.

So my list for today would be to do the things on my other list!

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
I need a fair amount of structure and predictability so every morning I wake up with a plan for the day.
SRL, I have Tuesday and Thursday as errand running days. M W F are stay home days. It's when I do paperwork,bills, phone calls, vacuum etc.
Of course, it has to be flexible but it works for me. I make appts on Tuesday and Thursday. If I'm cleaned up and dressed for one thing, then I get all my other errands run. My home days are more of a "rag clothes" day.

The daily walks are not negotiable come rain, freezing temps or heat. The puppies need it so I have no choice. It works for me.

In addition, I have to make a list of chores and responsibility for difficult child every day. So I have to think about what I need done by him.
Planning works to help me be disciplined.

M

ML

For today
1. clean my house
2. get pix taken of me and manster for holiday cards
3. make cookies for fundraiser
4. walk -- it's great weather and I'm looking forward to it.
5. stay out of cookie batter