Today's the day: Calling CPS

JJJ

Please keep me in your prayers today. I'm on my way to the attorney's office and then I will be calling CPS to ask that they investigate Kanga as a dependent minor due to no fault of her parents. If all goes well, Kanga will be a ward of the State by the end of the weekend. If it goes poorly, well I don't even want to go there.

This is so hard...:not_fair:

sandman3

You will be in my thoughts today. I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through......big (((((((((hugs)))))))))

:sad-very:

change

Gosh...good luck. Sorry to say that I totally know what you're going through. Am in the same boat right now myself. Had to turn in my 13 yr. old back in November. We're in 2 court battles right now because of it though.

Lots of hugs of support your way. You are not alone.

SRL

What a heartache this is, JJJ. It's not right for parents to be backed into this corner.

Hugs to you all,
SRL

Steely

I pray for doors to be opened to you today that you never thought possible - and that every person you talk to is overcome with a personal conviction so strong to help you and Kanga, that they move every mountain, boulder, and obstacle on your behalf.
:musicdance:

susiestar

Roll With It
I am praying with Steely. EVERY person you meet today will get a nudge from God to open up and find the resources and funding to flood you with the right kinds of help, and to make sure that you all continue to receive what you need.

Big Gentle Hugs,

Susie

Fran

Former desparate mom
You have done, tried and been through so much. I hope this route will offer kanga some services and your family some support. Hugs.

JJJ

Thank you for the support. I wrapped myself in your strength when I made the call. I explained to Kanga what was going to happen. She was a bit concerned that meant I wasn't her mom anymore (sign of attachment?) Nope, she then stated that maybe she'd get a black family and get to go on a shopping spree and have McDonalds'. So out of touch with reality...

The hotline took the call as a charge against Kanga for "risk of harm" with my other children listed as alleged victims. I dropped one of my ever-present Kanga-notebooks off at the CPS office but a worker hadn't been assigned yet.

The post-adoption worker e-mailed her boss that the call had been made and her boss was suppose to e-mail her equal in the investigation office to streamline it into court on Monday as a dependency charge against Kanga (and not a neglect charge against us).

The investigator is required by law to talk to me by noon tomorrow. Please continue to pray that things go well..

GinAndTonic

Best wishes, JJJ. You're right -- it just isn't fair. I'm sorry you and your family (including Kanga) have to go through this.

witzend

Aw, hon. It just breaks my heart. I hope it will help Kanga, and the rest of you. Such a sad life for all of you so far. Everyone deserves a little happiness.