Today's thought from Hazelton is...

N

Nomad

Even though I'm not a substance abuser and to the best of my knowledge, no one in my family is (crossing myself, thank God, etc.), I receive the Hazelton newsletter, because I find it truthful and enlightening. With reference to the item below, I think that our children need to know that their parents love them and recognize/value their natural abilities. Even adult children. However, all adults...even our adult children...must take their own steps towards personal growth. This has a spiritual quality to it. However...it can apply to spiritual and/or personal growth. These thoughts below, in my humble opinion, are enlightening.

Here is something from a recent issue:

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Today's thought from Hazelden is:[/FONT]
[FONT=georgia,palatino]Although all men share a common destiny, each individual also has to work out his personal salvation for himself. We can help each other find the meaning of life, but in the last analysis, each is responsible for finding himself. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]--Thomas Merton[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]One of the great spiritual truths is that each person must work out his or her own personal salvation. When a person you care about is in trouble, you can reach out to support his or her healing, but past a certain point you can do no more. No matter how much you love, you cannot carry another person's burdens.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]What can you do when someone you love is in pain? First, affirm that there is a purpose behind the experience. Know that the soul has some important lesson to learn that will be of great value to him or her.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Second, although you cannot directly intervene, your positive thoughts and prayers do make a difference. Visualize your friend surrounded by light and love. This type of healing acts directly on the soul level and does not encounter resistance from the conscious mind.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Finally, know that Divine protection is present. The forces of light are always available to the person who requests help. Ultimately, no soul can be lost; as all who ask will be guided to the safety of their spiritual home.[/FONT]

Last edited:
K

Kolleen

Perfect timing for me. Trying so hard to let go and let real-life consequences teach sonnyboy.
Thanks

janebrain

I think I will print this out for difficult child 2/easy child. Her best friend's mom is an alcoholic and recently was ordered to stay away from the family (youngest child is one yr old) after she nearly died from the amount of alcohol she consumed and was also violent with her husband. My dtr was feeling so bad and so helpless and felt she wanted to help her friend but felt useless.
Thanks,
Jane