Tomorrow I will be able to look her mugshot up online...

Chaosuncontained

I haven't posted in awhile. My daughter (since July) has took mail from someone's mail box (But they have yet to issue a warrant for her arrest--even though they told her they would). She robbed at least one house with a "friend" (that case was dropped because the victims din't want to press charges). She has been pulled over for being drunk, no headlight, no insurance and open container (recieved a ticket for no insurance).

A few days ago she hit someone's car with hers at a party and left the scene. She has to report to jail between 6PM and 9PM. She will have to pay $130 and have a cosigner who's had a job for three years.

She called an told me all this, while crying, a few minutes ago--first time I have spoken to her in 4 weeks. SHe has been living with her Grandmother (her Dad's mother). He Granmother's insurance will be cancelled now. And she will probaly be kicked out of her house.

I've tried to be sorry for her but can't.

I don't have the money, work record or desire to help her. I think it is a GOOD thing she will actually be held accountable for her actions (she was probably drunk and or high when the accident happened).

Still hurts though.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
It does our kids no good when they are ordered to do something, don't, then nothing happens. Eventually they leave such a paper trail when the hammer does come down, it comes down with a vengance.

Marcie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
(((hugs)))

You're right, it's probably actually a good thing you can't help her with this. But it doesn't make it any easier to watch her doing this to herself.

DDD

Ditto to Hound's post. Sometimes arrest is helpful as a reality check. Often it is not when addiction is the major problems. Either way...I'm glad you are able to detach. Sending understanding hugs your way. DDD