Tonight, I am trying

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
apple dumplings made with Mt Dew.

A friend's mother suggested them over the weekend. It sounded fun to try.

In another 30 minutes, we'll see what they taste like! I got ice cream, too.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Its crazy-easy, too!

Take a can of crescent rolls. Roll out the entire can and don't tear them apart. Pinch together the perforations, and then cut it into 4 squares.

Peel and slice 2 granny smith apples. Put some apple slices in the center of each square of dough, bring the corners together, and pinch on top. Put them into a baking dish with about an inch of space between.

Melt 1/2cup butter. Stir 1 scant cup brown sugar into the butter. Pour over the dumplings. Sprinkle 1-2tsp cinnamon over them, then pour a can of mountain dew over the sugar.

Bake at 350 for 35-40 min til golden.

They're AWESOME!

Except next time, I'll make them smaller. It was too much to eat at once.

I'm gonna make these at our next campout...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sounds yummy. But you've got to wonder about a person who would just out of thin air think to put mountain dew in apple dumplings. :rofl:

But then again Mount dew is very very sweet. I can see it working well. I'll have to try it in the future.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I cook in cast a lot. Even in the house. But I do use dutch ovens when we camp (and sometimes when we don't!). I love cooking in them.

And I'm with you guys....mt dew??? It was morbis curiosity that made me try it. But holy cow, they are good.

DammitJanet

They sound really good.

I make easy apple dumplings that my mom made for me all my life. I just take a large jar of applesauce...plain or cinnamon. Put in a covered pan and set to medium high heat. Make Bisquick dumplings as called for on the box. The standard recipe. I always just a touch of cinnamon and sugar...not much. Cook until dumplings are dry looking covered. The box tells you how long to cook...I think its like 20 minutes but I peak in right around then. Oh...you drop in by heaping spoonfuls. Dumplings should look dry not wet.

Serve with vanilla ice cream.

nvts

Alright, what did I do wrong? I had to double the recipe and they came out really wet (like buttery cricket soup!). Is it supposed to be syrupy or soupy?

All I can say is "duh" I blew it! :coffee2::nonono:

Beth

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
They are almost crispy on top and the rest of the stuff turns into a syrupy stuff....hmmmm

I made them camping this weekend. My neice's picky husband ate one whole pan.