Tony has a request...please check out my new avatar

DammitJanet

Thats no wig! LOL. He wanted to take the picture right before he went for a haircut so you could see that, yes, dogs do look like their owners...lmao!

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG if that is his real hair WHY OH WHY would he want to cut it????

HOW COOL!!!!!!! Just pull it back man!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
:rofl: what a hoot, Janet!

NOTE TO EVERYONE ELSE: Tony is so much better looking than the picture portrays!

(but this is hilarious)

Suz

DammitJanet

He lets his hair grow out after the summer till he cant take it anymore. He got it cut right before we went to Ohio so he would look nice...lol. He tries to let it stay longer in the winter to keep him warm cause he works outside. It was just getting so long it was bothering him. His hair is almost the same shade as Buddy's though and we tease him about looking like the dog when he brushes it out so he wanted to take this picture and send it to the folks on the board...lmao.

DammitJanet

Buddy is what is known as a Havanese. Sounds like he should be related to a maltese but actually more related to a bichon.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Hmmm...maybe both need haircuts? Actually, I LIKE long hair on guys so long as it is neat and kept scrupulously clean (nothing ickier than greasy long hair).

I am familiar with Havanese, actually. If you are going to groom them right you need to go to a groomer who knows how to do a good blow out and scissoring job. Basically they are groomed like Bichons, but the head is done differently.

Maltese, Havanese, and Bichons Frise' are all in the same series of breeds and come from the same area. They were all bred from the beginning to be companion dogs and are darned good at it.

I like them, but despite having been trained as a dog groomer, I don't want a dog that needs that kind of maintenance (at least a guy can handle his own grooming...one hopes)

DammitJanet

Yeah Buddy needs a trim too. He is hard to groom. We bought clippers and Tony is learning to cut him. We let him grow out for the winter though.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
If your clipper comes with interchangeable blades, you probably want to do what is called a 'five-strip' on him.

It's sounds almost indecent, but it's really just an all over haircut with a #5 blade. That'll leave about an inch of hair on him. You can leave it longer on the head and tail. A lot of people do that and then scissor the head and tail hair to the point you like it.

If you goof it up? Don't sweat it. It's hair. It always grows back.

klmno

A man and a furbaby all rolled into one. Janet, you are one lucky dog, girl!! (Hmmm.... there's no message implied about female dogs in that statement. LOL!)

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
OMG I am loving it!!! Is his hair curly prior to brushing it out? because it looks just like mine when I brush mine out! Only mine is a bit more red...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:rofl:

Love Tony's hair! If it's grating on his nerves he can always pull it back into a ponytail. husband let's his hair and beard grow out in the winter. I'm not especially fond of the look either.....a woman would kill to have his natural curl. lol But I'm too busy to give him a haircut right now.