Too much going on this week! Brain dump -- you've been warned!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
It's been a busy week and it ain't over yet...

I'm in charge of the team yearbook pictures for difficult child 1's lacrosse team. I met the studio rep at school on Monday so he could inspect our site for today's photo session with the team. After he left, I learned that during our planned shoot, there will be women's lacrosse game, baseball practice and softball practice all in the same area! (We're a new school and our stadium isn't built yet, so we're all crammed onto one field that consists of a baseball and softball diamond on both ends and a soccer field in the middle -- it's tight.) I called the rep back and he said not to sweat it, they'd figure something out.

Then last night after lacrosse practice, the coach asked again about the shoot time (which I'd cleared through him a week ago) and says he wants it done a little earlier so it doesn't infringe on his practice and that he'd already told the team a different time to show up. :mad:

So this morning I called the rep (again) to find out if their schedule would permit the change. He thought it would be o.k. but needs to confirm with the photographer and is calling me back later today. Maybe it will be a blessing and we'll be done before the other groups need to use the area...

PLUS we've been trying to get parents to volunteer to work at and donate for a team snack table at our first home game tomorrow to raise funds for the team. It's been like trying to pull teeth! So I went to Starbucks yesterday and they agreed to donate hot water and coffee/condiments for our event (which now means I have to go pick it up tomorrow before the game). I've got stuff I've been holding from our last fundraiser event that I have to bring with me, plus chairs (the school's loaning us the tables). And we only have one parent who will help sell at the table... been trying to get students to volunteer in exchange for community service hours, but so far no luck!

And tomorrow morning we've got a meeting before school with one of difficult child 2's teachers to figure out how she can remember to help him with his assignment planner :hammer: and why it seems like his IEP is being ignored by his language arts teacher! (Except that I THOUGHT the meeting was TODAY and misinformed our carpool yesterday, so I had to call them back early this morning to let them know :ashamed:)

And difficult child 1 had an orchestra concert last night after lacrosse practice, so he only had time to come home, shower, and leave again, and we didn't get home until nearly 9pm. Then he announced he's quitting orchestra next year! He couldn't get all his homework finished, so I got him up at 6am today so he could get the rest done -- of course, that meant I had to get up at 5:30 to medicate him first so he could be functioning by 6!

And... there's more but I think this about all I can manage to contemplate right now.. I am feeling a little "manic" this morning... too much in my head! :laugh:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha.... I'm losing it. Just got a call from the district health office: there have been several cases of chickenpox at difficult child 1's school. He has no immunity because the vaccine he got didn't "take" AND he's on a medication for his Crohn's that suppresses his immune system. Blaaaaaah! Fortunately the students involved are all 10th graders and have no classes with him, but they did tell me that if her were exposed, it would likely show up some time between now and March 24th.

His GI said if he contracts it, they'd probably hospitalize him so they can give him IVIG and monitor him more closely. Greaaaaaat.

I am breathing, I am breathing, I am breathing, I am breathe.ing. :crazy2:

tiredmommy

Just a thought for next year:

The parents of the kids in Duckie's football/cheer organization pay a $20 volunteer fee in addition to registration & uniform fees. If the parents volunteer then the $20 is applied to banquet tickets but they lose it if they don't help out. :winks:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That's a good idea. I have SERIOUS plans to make sure we get more involvement next year. I only signed on to do the website, but then got asked to join the board of directors after one VP left because his son left the school and the other VP had never shown up for anything. I do enjoy helping, but not when it gets crazy like this.

You would not believe how expensive it is for these kids to play. The school district only pays for their uniforms (NOT pads, NOT sticks, NOT balls, NOT goals, NOT equipment bags, NOT transportation to away games) and the coach's stipend. The booster club had to come up with the money to pay the assistant coach, all the equipment, practice jerseys, warmup clothing, etc., etc. The registration fee for each player was $400. Then they had to either commit to fundraising another $375 or pay it up front and opt out of the fundraising activities. And THEN they had to pay $100 to the school to cover bus transport to and from away games.

Hopefully with new families joining next year it won't be so expensive because we won't have all the startup costs that we had this year. AND we will get a volunteer commitment up front when they register. I like your idea of tying a financial incentive to the volunteering. Our year-end banquet is costing $17 per person, and the club pays for the players' meals plus the coaches and their spouse/guest. We could easily tack on a $40 volunteer fee and tie that to the banquet like your team has done. :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm l'crossin' my body that you make it through the day and that no one gets the POX. (makes another sign of l'cross) Espiritu Poio Nowhere.

Hugs & I'd start selling the seats to OBSERVE their kids at the lacrosse games if they wouldn't even bring a stinking snack. Know what I mean?.....SOMEONE's Auntie Star and her PitBulls can come to Cali - and stand there taking ticket money - "you wants me to getsa donation for da team lady?"