Too Quiet

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I've not heard a peep out of katie since around the 9th. She has 6 days until eviction from the shelter. It's out of character that I'm not getting at least one whine mail a day from her. She's not posting on facebook either. Not a peep except for that freecycle post on the 12th. I've mailed her twice and posted on her facebook page. Nichole has called. Nothing. She was on myspace on the 16th so she's seen the emails.

I'm refusing to worry, but I admit it's giving me a bad vibe.

When a difficult child starts behaving out of character.........it sends up red flags.

Unless I hear from her, it's going to be a long week. :sigh:

On her eviction day the rest of the family is gathering in dayton for a visit with Nichole. This was sort of an accident. Nichole and easy child planned it out for a day easy child had off and it just happened to be the day of the eviction. I'd agreed to go because Aubrey is going through Nana withdrawl. lol So we definitely won't be in town that day.

I hope that in 6 days the nightmare will end for Kayla, Alex, and Evan. But I'm not counting on it. For more than 10 yrs katie has managed to slide through cps' fingers. How I have no clue. It just amazes me. Kayla should've been removed from her long before she ever came to us the first time. During her firs 5 months of life alone katie was on the street, kayla had had 3rd degree sunburn multiple times, been dehydrated mult times, was severely malnourished.......

I don't have much faith in the system for good reason. I am praying this time they surprise me and actually remove the children from their "parents" custody. But in all honesty? I'm not counting on it. Hoovers, but I can't help it. Cps has let me down too many times over the years.

I have a nagging thought hovering in the back of my mind that someone told Katie if she has no where to go cps will take the kids and she's up and vanished. But her behavior is eerily similar to last time she pulled that stunt.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I agree with you... My antennae are up, too, with that. Just too unusual for her. I'll rattle beads, prayers, etc. for the grands...

Mom2oddson

someone told Katie if she has no where to go cps will take the kids and she's up and vanished.

That was my first thought when I saw your post. I sure hope she hasn't done that. I too, will rattle beads and say prayers.

DammitJanet

I have been watching that two weeks post for a long time now wondering what is up. Seems like it has been forever now. Are you sure the time hasnt already expired? Can you call the school and see if the kids have been in class?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Eviction date is set for the 27th. It's a sunday but it is set by the date she was admitted.

I'm not sure if the school would give me that info. I'm their emergency contact so they might though.

Next monday I plan to call the shelter and ask if she's there. I know they might not want to tell me, but I'll explain why and I'm pretty certain they will. Plus they have a residents phone so I don't think ours does the privacy thing like the dayton one did.

There is an extremely remote possibility she is working. Extremely remote. She's never lasted more than 2 days on any job. So I highly doubt it.

The feeling like you're just hanging is the hardest part. :hangin:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I think your Nanna-sense is spot on.
Why couldn't someone call CPS now - for the sake of those kids just to have them watching?

DammitJanet

You posted on the 9th that it was two weeks. How come they gave them more time? Im just ready for this to be done with...lol.

Would it do any good for any of us to call with extra calls to cps? Maybe the more calls they get the more interest they would put into the investigation. I mean one or two calls might not raise that much alarm but if 6 or so people called claiming they saw things...well...that might really peak their antenna.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well she had 2 wks and a few days at that point. Hmm. Perhaps I should make a call to the shelter tomorrow and ask for her as now I'm doubting my memory. And we all know that's not as hot as it could be. But Nichole and easy child are with me on the date....but still. I can use the excuse I need to know about pics for kayla's project for school. I'm supposed to be printing them but I don't know if she needs current pics of herself or baby pics or a combo......and the way pics use up ink, I'd like to know before I print them.

I don't think cps can ignore if those kids are believed to be living on the street. Guess I'll call the motel that allows weekly rentals while I"m at it. If she's not at the motel, another shelter or our shelter, then there on the street because there is no where else for them to go.

This is really strange. I dread making those calls. Only thing I can figure is I don't want to hear the grands are probably on the street somewhere. It's awful but I'm beginning to believe ignorance can be bliss.....and I find myself wishing she had never contacted us so I could've remained ignorant of the lives those kids are being forced to live.

Nichole tried calling her again today. And she posted again on her facebook. Nothing.

I seriously hate this. I'm trying so hard to stay safely detached from it.........only it's not really working and I'm doing more kidding myself than actually staying detached as it's always in the back of my mind. Emotionally it's dragging me down. As a family we don't discuss them much.......just a Have You Heard From and that's about it. We've not even seen them since about mid feb.

I need this to be done.

4timmy

I hope your peace comes back soon. I don't know what you are going through, can only imagine and hope I'd have the strength to deal.

elizabrary

I'm sorry- I too know how awful it is to worry about grandchildren being raised by difficult children- a special torment. I'm like you- it is just easier sometimes if I don't know what's going on, but there is always a nagging worry even when the situation is not staring me right in the face. Hang in there

crazymama30

Hugs, I cannot even fathom how katie can put those kids through all this, nor can I even begin to comprehend how you must be feeling about it all. I hope somehow cps will do their danged job and protect those kids.