Took away his phone. He took off.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
So husband told him that it's too late and night, and no, he cannot come into the house.

I texted difficult child and said he could sleep on the porch. I would put blankets out.
He texted back that he is not an animal and that we are disowning him.
Now he's writing,
"And I honestly believe you and dad don't give a sh*t about me any more no one does and I'm done cause now I don't even give a :censored2: about me I told you I'm done I can't take this crap any more"
"Bye Mom"

A boundary was set, your husband told him it was too late and that he was not going to come in the house.
You offered an option.
Difficult Child chose to look at that option as you treating him like an animal instead of seeing the whole picture so he did what Difficult Child do and had a tantrum saying things that would hurt you.
So much for giving him an option.

What he said I have heard from my Difficult Child so many, many times. It's almost laughable in that they claim "I can't take this crap anymore" yet they are the ones who created the crap, they just don't see it that way, they think it's everyone else that is against them creating the crap.

Hang in there!!

happypooh4.gif

BusynMember

They could be living in our homes if they would only follow simple rules that most young adults follow...go to school or get a full time job, do chores, don't do anything illegal, and be respectful. That's not so hard. Most young adults have no problem complying with such simple requests.

Our kids choose to leave the warmth of our house by acting like disrespectful criminals, stealing, lying, abusing us, and not accepting our house rules. Our house. Our rules. They could all be cozy at home, but they like the drugs, the anger, the disrespect, the unbelievable laziness of not working and doing whatever the hello they want to do more than they like warm showers.

Socks to be them, I guess.

Copabanana

Tanya, you go girl. I echo everything you say. Terry, great to meet you. My son does the same thing, turns everything around on me, like I am the child who always pees in her pants, and doesn't act right in public. Like I am the cause of all of the drama and I just never learn to act right or think right. While it pains me that you are suffering, selfishly, it does me good to know I am not the only one.