Took husband back to doctor again today... borderline pneumonia

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Fatigue started LAST Wednesday and fever Thursday, so we're going a week strong with this virus. He is still just so miserable, poor guy. Still getting a fever on and off and chills/aches/headache along with it. Cough is very painful now. doctor took a chest and sinus film today. Radiology said no sinus involvement but right lung looked like was possible for pneumonia/borderline (he's had it before). So now he's on levaquil and some heavy duty cough syrup for night so he can sleep. doctor said probably won't be able to go back to work until next week at the rate he's going. This is just an unbelieveably nasty bug! I will be SO glad when the hit-by-a-truck phase is over and he's back on his feet.

Meanwhile... man am I getting a royal stair-master workout each day! :winks:

crazymama30

Here's hoping he gets better soon, I hate sick husband's. Poor guy, sounds like he is really down for the count.

I guess the workout could be a good thing, but bet you are getting tired of it all.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Told ya there are some nasty viruses out there.

Hopeful the medications will work and he'll start feeling better soon.

Hugs

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Don't know if it's coincidence that 6 hours after his second dose of antibiotics he starts to feel a little better, or if it's just the virus having run its course. Anyway no fever all day today. That makes 6 days straight with a fever. Wow.

He's still really wiped out and coughing a lot, but he's at least eating some now and getting up more to walk around.

And annoying me :rofl:

M

ML

I hope today is even better. I'm glad you're getting your workout in every day but there are more enjoyable ways!

DammitJanet

Is the cough medication working to break that cough at night? If not, call and get a better one. He needs to sleep. Also, make sure he is sleeping with his head raised up. That can help a whole lot. I cant sleep at all when I am coughing if my head is regular if I am congested.

The levaquin is a very strong antibiotic which really should help quickly. Just those basic cough with a little codeine medications dont cut my cough anymore. I need a stronger cough medication. I think you have said your husband is a larger man so if this medication isnt cutting it for him, do call the doctor. However, if he isnt taking other medications that interfere with this cough medication, it could work just fine.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm sorry he's not feeling well STILL......(sends boquet of cookies)

As for you? With each trip up and down - tighten your butt muscles and say to yourself.....I must, I must, I must tigten my BUTT.......

If nothing else - you will have a firmer buttocks at the end of the nasty virus.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Janet, yes the new cough medication they gave him has helped a LOT. It's a 12-hour dosing and he took it for two nights and was able to sleep. Didn't need it last night as the cough has really improved (and he didn't really have any nasal or sinus congestion to speak of -- it's all in his lungs).

Star, I am happy to report that underneath my squishy exterior, my buns and thighs are like granite! :rofl: Now I just need to work on the aerobic exercise to get rid of the excess insulation. :rolleyes:

Terry, I'm sure he'll be able to go back by Monday.

But gosh he is so incredibly fatigued still and sleeping a LOT. Whatever this bug was, it was bad. Funny that his bloodwork only showed slightly elevated monocytes. Everything else was essentially normal.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thanks HaoZi, yes he's improving. Still a lot of fatigue, though and he just looks haggard. He's not eating a lot, but then that's not necessarily a bad thing, Know what I mean?? :winks: We're going to attempt a movie out with the kids this afternoon or early this evening.