Tooth Fairy trouble

houseofcards

Because my house generally runs just shy of chaos, we forgot to do the tooth fairy thing last night for my almost 8 yo. He has an innocence and joy for life but this morning he was broken hearted. My husband gives him the spiel about overworked tooth fairies and reassures him she would come tonight while I signal him to do it now. He successfully sneaks upstairs and a few minutes later, I tell the kids I heard a tinkling noise and go check. My son is too afraid to go but his sister goes with him. I hear the happy screams that they found the loot and think all is well. Down they come to tell me they actually saw the tooth fairy...actually 2, boy and girl, around 12 yo and tiny. Who knew??

Lothlorien

Oh boy, have I been there! The awful guilt I had for forgetting! I kept thinking how she will always remember being disappointed that the tooth fairy forgot about her. And I didn't do it just once, but a couple of times. Now, I put the money on the remote for the tv in my bedroom, because I usually turn on the tv for a little while before I go to bed. Now, I never forget.

DammitJanet

I was sneaky. I saved one of those small heart shaped candy boxes from Valentines day and covered it with paper with fairies on it. We called it the tooth fairy box. All lost teeth went into this box in MY room the night they were lost and the tooth fairy would move the box onto the kitchen table for the child the next morning.

Saved me more than once.

meowbunny

Being a single mom, I didn't have anyone to do a sneak to fix the problem. What I did do was have a co-worker write a note, add a bunch of glitter and the money and tuck that under the pillow the next night. The tooth fairy explained that there were so many kids who lost teeth that night she just plain ran out of money and energy. She was sooooo sorry.

If they ever question why some kids get more $$ from the tooth fairy than others, you might try explaining that the tooth fairy only has a certain amount of $$ each night and has to split it with all the kids that lose a tooth that day, so some nights the tooth fairy has more money than others. (Of course, this doesn't work too well if two kids lose their tooth on the same day.)

Kathy813

Staff member
Not only did we forget, we sometimes forgot a couple nights in a row.

Our tooth fairy doubled the amount each day to "make it up" to the child when she was too "busy" to come and it got to the point where my girls would hope that she (we) would be "too busy."

:rofl:

We also had a toenail fairy come to our house when easy child's toenail got hammered by a 2 X 4 and came off.

I think that you handled it very well.

~Kathy

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
easy child 2 forgets to put her teeth under her pillow.
So this tooth fairy, when she looses teeth, just checks night after night.
Finally implemented a statute of limitations on lost teeth. If not under the pillow in 4 nights, tooth fairy doesn't have to come.

4sumrzn

With easy child..we would have been in BIG trouble forgetting any of the "big visitors" :nonono: difficult child....I feel bad sometimes...the other kids talk about the tooth fairy, Easter Bunny or Santa....she doesn't understand. So, easier on the pocket for us, but sad for her at the same time :crying: . I like the sneaky actions from hubby....glad your kids enjoyed the "visit". :smile:

Wiped Out

Staff member
We have often forgotten and use to write a note-now one of us sneaks it in his room and says we found it there.