Toothpaste

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Kjs, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Kjs

Kjs Guest

difficult child is 16, but has always disliked the taste of toothpaste. Mint..anything in the line of mint. I have tried orange, not a big hit. But there was a time I found Vanilla/Crest. I cannot find it.

Any other idea's in toothpaste other than anything mint.?

2. cubsgirl

cubsgirl Well-Known Member

I think that Crest has a cinnamon flavor. We used it for awhile and it was popular in the household.

3. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

Tom's of Maine has various flavors you can try as well.

4. keista

keista New Member

I buy Vanilla online for DD1. they have chocolate too which is what we started with.

5. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

There's always Aquafresh kid toothpaste. Bubblegum. BLECH! I wouldn't even use it as a kid... But Jett won't use mint or cinnamon...

6. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

I was going to suggest the kid versions too. Chocolate toothpaste?? Really?? :faint:

7. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

Please do not tell my kids this stuff.
    I have them convinced that the only toothpaste out there is some form of MINT.
    We try to have a variety of intensities... but mint is usually the cheapest, and... it works.

But when I was a kid? Couldn't stand the stuff. (Used cinnamon - the only option back then)
    So I guess I just lucked out with my kids!

8. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

9. flutterby

flutterby Fly away!

difficult child used kid's toothpaste for the same reason until lately. She's now using Sensodyne, which is mint, but isn't as overwhelming.

10. keista

keista New Member

My kids HATE the kid flavors available in stores. (although son is now partial to a Colgate one, I think it's watermelon.) The others are all bubblegum based flavors - kinda stupid if you ask me, to propagate the desire for evil bubblegum.

They also don't care for mint of any kind. I can't blame them. I didn't like mint until I hit puberty. (I get all the candy canes in our house :) )

I tried the chocolate myself and it was good, but they thought of brushing my teeth with chocolate - yech!

11. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

At one point, my bro got so fed up with toothpaste that he started using baking sode and salt - I don't remember the proportions. He said it was the only thing that didn't leave a bad after-taste.

Doesn't work for me... but its supposed to be effective.

12. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

I've known people that used a baking soda and peroxide paste. Not the bs & p toothpaste, just those ingredients in a bowl and they stick the toothbrush in it.

13. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

Jett made a comment last week about baking soda, and we discussed brushing teeth with it. He was all for it... He hates mint, cinnamon, orange, and vanilla, and is tired of the bubblegum. I'm tempted to let him try it. Blech.

14. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

My mom used to make us do that. Ewwwwwwwwwwww............she thought it was ridiculous to spend money on "toothepaste" when you could make it for free.

15. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

My nephew hates all toothpaste. His dentist said that toothpaste isn't really necessary because of the flouride in the water. A good brushing with a wet toothbrush works.

16. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

Not all areas have fluoride in the water. For the ones that do - don't tell the kids that!

17. GoingNorth

GoingNorth Crazy Cat Lady

Actually, if you don't have flouride in your drinking water you can use a dental rinse with flouride in it.