Tornados yesterday

K

Kjs

Tornados hit in our vicinity yesterday. Odd, since we could be shoveling snow at this time. difficult child has always been afraid of storms, but when that siren went off yesterday he freaked.

In the midst of a all out blow-up, he began shaking and tried to call his dad (who was on his way home at that time) and totally freaked when dad didn't answer.

I stood behind him and watched him. Wanting to reach out and hug him and tell him everything is ok. But, due to the situation, I was afraid of the rejection. So I stood near him and said nothing. He called his girlfriend, and kept saying "omg..I can't get a hold of my dad. I don't know where my dad is" He was visibly shaking.

Should I have reached out and hugged him? I didn't know what to do.

tornados hit west and north of us. Within 10 miles. Went from 61 degrees yesterday to 29 degrees today.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Next time hug him............even if he acts like he doesn't want it. I had a few years like that with Nichole where I never knew if I should or shouldn't..............and thankfully I always did. She appreciated it, even if she didn't at the time.

We had so much wind yesterday it wasn't funny...........thankfully no tornadoes though. Odd time of year for that.

Hugs

Jena

glad you are ok. next time i'd throw the hug out as well. i am going thru that with-easy child now. she avoids me at all costs. she says go away i say let me hug you harder lol.

glad he got himself thru it though, and u guys didn't get hit. how much of a heads up do you have with-the sirens now?? has it increased past ten years?

H

HaoZi

Glad you're all okay. With my kid I'm never sure, and because I'm not a "huggy" person, most the times I think she needs it are the times she doesn't want to be touched. I'm still working on it and trying to remember to be more huggy more often.