Total rant

Jena

hi i'm totally going to rant and rave and carry on here, not about difficult child or easy child about boyfriend!!!

He's off on Monday's and I hate, hate, hate it!! I decided to do something nice today and cook a turkey for dinner. Yes, isn't that nice?? you would think so.

Well, let's see we all know he's a cook so anyone cooking the kitchen just doens't fly. He's also very crabby on mondays due to his long working weekend, ahhh whatever is what I say!

So, I go food shopping early after I drop difficult child, I call home and say good morning how are you, i get a grunt i'm ok i'm busy right now. ok well I was wondering if your up and dressed would you mind helping with the bags?? umm i'm busy right now, if you leave them i'll get them later! (sure i'll leave eggs, and milk and butter in the truck for later today) Jerk! is what i'm thinking.

So i carry up all the bags, etc. he's moody i try to just ignore his overall groseness. I begin to wash the bird, etc. he starts oh what are you doing, are you using that, how are you making that, do you have the right pan, umm your stuffing the bird, your going to poison the kids!!

Ok so yes i stuffed the bird, it's how my families always made it, i haven't died yet LOL! i'm still alive and kicking. Yup i stuffed the bird. Than well what did you make for my daughter?? she's a vegeterian. Umm sweet potatoes and green beans?? well that's not fair what's she going to eat she needs protein??

ok can anyone say listen buddy go back to work!!! ugh, i hate hate hate monday's with him hes cranky and crabby and judgemental and I just want to hit him over the head with a pan at this point and shove the
turkey.......hmm did i say that let's all use our imaginations. :)

So, yes I will have a rough time this evening with him. I seriously want to take the bird and stuff it in the garbage at thsi point after getting the whole FDA speech and regulation speech once again.

ok i'm done now, thanks for letting me blow. please please oh pleaes let me get this job on wednesday. never again will i be home on a monday with him cranky and miserable.

Jena

What he should of said was, "Wow, your such a nice person taking the time to make this entire meal for all of us this evening so we could all kinda share in it since we didn't have my kids on thanksgiving."

yup, that's what he should of said. Too bad he doesn't come with a remote control device.

TerryJ2

Who is that goofy dark-haired English guy, and on one of his shows, he gets a turkey stuck on his head? Yeah, that's the ticket!

:thanksgiving11:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Yeah stuff it!!!
Well I had the opposite a couple of years ago with father in law... he whined and wouldn't get out of my way while I made everyone Turkey dinner. But he couldn't believe I was not stuffing it... I finally said, kind of joking, "Stuff your own stinking Turkey!"
We laughed, but I was serious inside!!!
He hovered and whined the whole time...
I hope you get the job as well!

trinityroyal

Jen, rant away!
boyfriend should absolutely not be taking his cranky-pants mood out on you.

I'm with the others...the turkey would be stuffed all right. (Can't say where because the board censors wouldn't like it.

(Oh, Terry...it was Mr. Bean)

Trinity

'Chelle

ACK men! can't live with them, can't drop them off a building a la Die Hard LOL. You know what - I stuff my turkey - as did my mom & grandma before me. No one in our family has ever gotten sick either so good for you. The "dressing" is never as good if you don't cook it in the bird (can't call it stuffing if it's not stuffed) LOL.

By the time the vegetarian comment occured, I think I would have just snapped and told him "YOU'RE the cook, she's your daughter, make her some protein then". UMMMM I think this comes from having a difficult child that has food sensitivites - it gets very frustrating when they won't/don't eat what you cook and expect something special. My difficult child is at an age where if he doesn't like what I cook - I point to the fridge.

Good luck on the job - hope you get it.

Terry - that's MR. BEAN (Rowan Atkinson) :bigsmile: our favorite episode.

susiestar

Roll With It
Oh, Jen, I feel your pain.

I have had all the food service safety training. national certification, etc...

go ahead and STUFF THAT BIRD! You have to cook it to a certain internal temp, with a thermometer in the stuffing to make sure it gets hot enouhg. But that is ALL.

I have been known to get out the duct tape and tape off the entrance to a room and tell people NOT to cross my tape with bodies or deeds or words unless bleeding is on their agenda for the day. And while I wouldn't really hurt anyone, they DO get the point.

Can you send him back to bed, or if you have a laptop send him somewhere to have a fancy coffee and "chill"? I tend to do that with my husband.

Sorry he is being a PITA. As for the vegetarian daughter, well, that is a personal choice and if he doesn't like what is there for her he can make something else. I kept a lot of TVP (texturized veggie protein) on hand for when Wiz was vegetarian. I would mix it with whatever to make tacos or chili or whatever for him. But NOT if he was being a pill.

Hugs.

Jena

PiTA, that fits well!! I'm thinking more JERK and that isn't censored lol!!

I told him, good bye get out, go to the gym, go take it out on the machine's sorry i'm not listening to your endless bs today. nope, not going to listen to Mr. Cook of the Year today!! Take your FDA regulations and STUFF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ah..... as far as your vegetarian daughter is concerned good luck with that!! Go whip up some protein Mr. Cook :)

Ahhh yes, men are such wonderful creatures.

So, he said so what do i do now, later when he got home, I don't want to get in trouble!! Good !!!! Tread lightly:grrr:

M

ML

Typically with men I found the best way to survive them is to keep the expectations LOOWWW. Sorry if that sounds harsh. I'm sorry you didn't feel appreciated today. Hugs, ML

Jena

yes very low!!! LOL that's soo sad, and i'm sorry to whatever men we have here in our group but WOMAN umm kinda rule!!!:clubbing:

Jena

Besides being nasty on Monday's and thinking he knows "all" in the kitchen, sure he does......................... as with most men. i Just hard to search very hard for them today!!!!! LOL

Jena

Abbey - no that's what i did in the past, he'd comment on how i did it, et.c etc and i'd fold and say ok mr. man you do it!! I was cooking that miserable bird today stuffing included in the d*mn thing no matter what!!! LOL

and i did and it was great. :) and easy child, difficult child and myself all enjoyed the toxic stuffing LOL

Abbey

Spork Queen
I've ALWAYS stuffed a turkey!! That's how it gets so moist...hmmm...maybe from toxins, but I'm still kicking.

Abbey

Andy

I am sorry! Especially sorry that Nebraska changed their safe haven laws so you can't drop off children of any age. I don't think it stated that it had to be the parent who dropped the child off? I think it can be the girl friend?

That was wonderful for you to have your own everyone finally together at the table Thanksgiving dinner. Next year do it on a day he works.

Jena

LOL, ok that was funny and maybe next year I will. He totally enjoyed the turkey once it was cooked, and stood there and carved it, made the gravy, cleaned all the dishes and put the leftovers in the tupperware, yet he didnt' touch that stuffing LOL.

ok what do you mean about the dropping the kids off thing? sorry lost.