Tragic loss

ctmom05

Isabel,

I am deeply sorry for the pain that your family is feeling.

Another poster said [It's the illness, Isabel. It didn't have anything to do with what you did or didn't do.]

I am sure all kinds of emotions must be flooding to the surface, but Isabel...it was the illness that took your nephew's life.

If only in thought, please convey to your brother that he has friends here who care.

tpcmom

I am so sorry for your loss, I know there are no words to help you thru this very sad time, but I will say a little prayer for you and hope that you and your family can heal.

Please don't feel like this is your fault, we all make mistakes but we cannot change how a person chooses to live their life. I am learning this myself the hard way.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Isabel,

Sending my deepest and most heartfelt sympathies to you and your family. I am so sorry for the loss of your nephew.

Many hugs & blessings~

isabel

Thank you, all, for all the kind words and wishes for me and my family. I know it was beyond our control but the sadness I feel for him and those with this illness cannot be described. He told a friend a week before that he knew he needed help and he made a doctor's appointment...if only he could have held out another few days...

Thank you again. Isabel

TerryJ2

Oh, Isabel, I am so sorry.
We, too, had the opportunity to take in our niece many yrs ago and did not do it. We lived in a small apt. and my husband had gone back to grad school. We decided that between our tight schedules, tight budget, and new marriage, not to mention the fact that the reason our niece needed a home was that her mom kicked her out, it would be a bad choice all the way around.
I felt SO guilty!
She ended up resorting to prostitution, but over the yrs, went back to school and got a college degree, married and had a son. (Not necessarily in that order!)
You made the right decision based on your living conditions at that time. What if your nephew had committed suicide while he was living with-you? There are no guarantees.
Still, I hear you and feel for you.
So sad.
Hugs and strength.

blb

God Iz, I'm so so sorry. I remember you talking about him. Please try not to feel guilty, you had more than a giant's load on your shoulders when he asked you. Truthfully it could have possibly made difficult child even more unstable.

I'm so sorry for your family's loss.

DDD

Please accept my belated sympathy for your tragic loss. Keep in
mind that if you had opted to have him live with you and he had
made the same choice in your home, you would be wondering if it
could have been avoided by leaving him with his family. That is
part of grief. Obviously he knew you loved him or he never would
have asked in the first place. Therefore, your love is known to
have enhanced his life. Many hugs. DDD

nvts

I'm so sorry to hear about your families tragic loss.

May God hold all of you with your nephew in the palm of his hand.

Beth

gottaloveem

I missed this when first posted because I was out of town. I am glad it got bounced back up so I could see it.

I'm so sorry to hear about your nephews death. I will be thinking of your family as you try to live without somebody who is loved, and will be missed so much.

((((((((HUGS))))))))