Transgender Rights...

lovemysons

GN,
I am so very sorry to hear about your friend. I in NO way wish to hurt anyone with my private thoughts...as I said earlier...I am trying to get educated on the subject...and I can certainly understand why you are defensive.

As some of you may recall, my own precious daughter, has wrestled with her sexual identity. For many yrs she thought she was Gay. And I unconditionally accepted her no matter what she chose.
Apparently for her this was an experimental phase as she has since married a young man this past summer.

I would never want to hurt anyone who is wrestling with this situation. They were just rambling thoughts.

I do NOT intend on saying anything to anyone. I have discussed the situation with husband only because he is a volunteer at this facility and has expressed his own concerns about the behavior. I have also discussed with a friend of mine who works there and can tell by the behavior of others that not everyone is handling this in a mature fashion.

I will continue to learn about this subject and I hope that I can continue to freely share my own private thoughts with you all.

I am sorry if I offended anyone.
Willing to learn,
LMS

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
LMS, your best bet for learning about transgender issues is to read writings from the transgender point of view.

As regards your daughter, I suspect she is bisexual, as am I. I married a man because I fell in love with a PERSON who happened to have male "plumbing". The marriage worked beautifully and we were deeply in love and very happy for the 25 years together we had until death took him from me.

I wish your daughter the same happiness and love that Stu and I had, more time and a happier ending to her marriage than we had.

It is not uncommon, especially for women, to be attracted to mind or "soul" first, and body second. In bisexuals, that body attraction can extend to sexual attraction as well.

It is probably just as common in males, but historically has been more socially acceptable in women.

I am celibate, but find both males and females to be attractive. Which is a fine thing as far as I'm concerned.

Read up a bit. And, I'd advise staying away from Caitlynn Jenner. Her experiences and writings are very non-typical of the usual transgender experience.

lovemysons

Thank you GN for your kind wishes for my daughter's marriage. I am so glad to know you had your Stu for so many good years together.

I think you may be right in regard to her being attracted to the "soul" first. As...after I thought about it some...she HAS told me close to the exact same thing!

I have been reading a bit about the Transgender issue and was shocked to learn of so many murders and suicide's! I will continue to educate myself on this issue as it is important to me to understand.

Suzir I think you may be right that She is acting out because there is perceived predjudice. I hope the situation will resolve itself soon without too many problems.

Thank you all for your input on this matter.
LMS

BusynMember

it is legal to be transgender. it is nobodys business. if someone doesnt like it he/she can pull child out of the activity but gays and transgenders are far more accepted now, can run but not hide anymore.

ctmom05

As has been stated in a fair way, I think this situation is comprised of more than one type of issue .. .. .. offered as the Mom of a trans female <-> male son

pasajes4

My only thought on this matter is that regardless of sexual preference or identification overt sexual behavior should not be tolerated at events or venues that cater to families and children. I believe that is what the person initially posted about. Playing grab @$$ in front of kids should be addressed as inappropriate behavior regardless of who is participating. That is just common sense.

InsaneCdn

I agree, Pasa. But in my little corner of the world? A handful of individuals in the non-straight communities behave this way and then consistently claim they are being discriminated against... and human rights investigations have sometimes sided with them. Which makes everybody now afraid to deal with the problem.

pasajes4

Insane, I realize that this does happen. I have written up straight couples and gay couples at school for inappropriate pda after they have refused to desist making out in the hallway. I had one gay couple try the discrimination card. It did not fly. There were twice as many write ups for straight couples school wide. We are not talking about a hug and a quick kiss.

BusynMember

I agree, Pasa. But in my little corner of the world? A handful of individuals in the non-straight communities behave this way and then consistently claim they are being discriminated against... and human rights investigations have sometimes sided with them. Which makes everybody now afraid to deal with the problem.
I know this happens too. But I see also plenty of straight couples being inappropriate.
We went to a family campsite a few years ago and a couple (straight) was practically doing it behind a tree, barely hidden. This is just one example. People need to keep their sex lives indoors, no matter what their orientation is in my opinion....yuk!