Travis' Job Hunt (keep fingers crossed)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Travis returned to the agency that helped him land his job at walmart. (they help get handicapped people employment) This he did all on his own, as I told him he needed to learn how to do it by himself. (I did have him tell his caseworker if she ran into any problems to just call me.)

This time Travis has been making sure he gets to all of his appoints on time, and has his paperwork in order, and that he is freshly showered and clean shaven. I haven't said a word to him. lol (I think he's desperate to get back to work lol)

We have a Walgreen's opening in town, and Kroger's is hiring. Personally, I'd sort of rather Kroger's as they pay very well and have good benefits.

Anyway, he put in his application and such at Kroger's today. (did the walgreen thing yesterday) And Kroger's has already called him back for an interview!! :thumb:

He hasn't worked since Feb, and until he decided he just had to get back to work he had been regressing steadily. So, for his sake, he really needs this job.

So any prayers, bead rattling, and crossed body parts will be greatly appreciated.

gottaloveem

It's great the he saw the need to get back to work. You didn't even have to pester him. He sounds like a nice young man. I will cross my fingers he gets the job.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
WOW, Lisa. Good for Travis for doing this on his own! :bravo:

You can bet that my fingers are crossed and I'm knocking on wood for him that one of these places comes through.

Suz

Fran

Former desparate mom
Adding good thoughts for your son. Work gives you a sense of pride.
Hope he gets back to work soon.

When you see signs of independence it fills you with hope doesn't it? Sending good thoughts your way.