Travis / Oncologist

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I got his appointment. And after hearing the symptoms he is having they gave him a rush appointment. Friday at 3:30pm!!! Thank God.

This time I'm paying out of pocket. But.....nurse for the oncologist switched me over to the resource person. Turns out oncologist can be covered via the county program for low income if Travis' diagnosis is considered life threatening. And I'm thinking to myself, duh this is an oncologist he's seeing lady. And just recently his doctor has been added to the program.

So that will help. And we're still waiting on the medicaid.

But he gets into the doctor on friday. And I'm so relieved he's not going to have to wait.

trinityroyal

Lisa,
I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get a rush appointment for Travis, AND that they have coverage for the oncologist.

Saying prayers, rattling beads and sending positive vibes.

Trinity

nvts

Whooohooo! I'm so happy to hear this! Let me know if there's anything I can do to try and research stuff!

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
Daisy,

Fingers crossed - but would wonder - HOW LONG does medicaid in OH take? Do you think maybe a call to someones caseworker is necessary? I called after 2 months and got "Oh yeah I had some questions." (rip hair out of head - oh wait I'm already near bald) And she told me it would be 3 days - so in 5 days I called back and she said "OH yeah I had some questions." and I thought - AGAIN???? So I answered the same questions AGAIN - and she said okydokey this will take 3 days - In 4 days - nothing again - so I called the switchboard, and asked who HER boss was, left a message and got a call THAT afternoon telling my my stuff was in the mail that day and if I didn't get it the next to call the supervisor the following day.

It came in the mail next afternoon. - So that's why I'm asking.

And now? I got my health insurance through work and can't afford it - lol. And if I quit - the entire business looses theirs as its a 75% of employee participation. I hate this.

GOod luck

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Gee, you're office sounds like ours. I'd laugh except it really isn't funny. been there done that with Nichole's. So I'm keeping tabs on them. If we get a caseworker Nichole had once I'm asking for a different one. That cw had Nichole's paperwork so messed up by the time she was "processing" it that it had to be redone. We have some real lame brain's in our welfare offiice.

susiestar

Roll With It
Lisa,

I am keeping y'all in my thoughts. I am glad the county can help pay for it. I HOPE it is not something bad, but am very glad the doctor didn't make you wait weeks to get in.

hugs,

Susie