Treatment is not happening.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
There is a spot open for kt at an all girl's treatment facility. Saying that, she is refusing treatment; there is no legal reason to have a judge commit her & because she is complying with her treatment here at home kt will not be going to Residential Treatment Center (RTC).

We've hit that time when it's out of my hands ~ I had hoped that kt (& wm) would have been stable at this point. There are too many other kids who need & will go for them to keep a bed open for kt if she will not participate in "treatment I don't need".

Ick, ick, ick..... mental health case team will be watching kt like a hawk as will I. They will encourage kt to get the treatment now while she can....treatment dollars are rare.

Again, ick.

DammitJanet

Oh lordy. She has reached that magical age. I was lucky Cory never realized he had a magical age.

I think this is the time when girls get much harder than boys. Im so sorry she wont comply and that she is giving you such a hard time. Big hugs Linda.

slsh

member since 1999
I'm flabbergasted, Linda. Just speechless.

I understand the decision, but... what about your safety?

Floored.

KTMom91

I also thought Plan B was not negotiable. Can she refuse treatment, and if so, does that mean she remains with you?

15 is when Miss KT was the absolute worst, and it didn't start getting much better till she graduated from high school.

Prayers and hugs going out to you.

LittleDudesMom

Linda,

I too am another that didn't think there was an option. I thought the understanding or "contract" when she came home was follow the rules it's Plan B?

Sharon

Marguerite

Linda, what does the team say about this? I thought they were all over you for (allegedly) not looking after kt properly, and were going to (not negotiably) take her away from you - and now it's clear that it's kt who is misbehaving to the extent that NOBODY could control her - it's kt who gets to call the shots?

Doesn't add up, to me.

I hope at the very least, the team are fully on your side.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Another who didn't realize that it was optional. This just doesn't seem right. I hope that something turns around. Gentle hugs.

klmno

I wonder how much of this has to do with lack of funding. PO let something slip the other day- it appeared by his slip that difficult child's "early" release had nothing to do with difficult child- it had to do with lack of funding and my guess is, his age at time of incarceration because they released him 1 year after the court hearing where he was committed. Some of these people will say it's due to A or B or C, but when it comes right down to it- it's resources and law and policy.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thank you all ~ I too am confused. I wasn't aware that Plan B could not be enforced; that kt could refuse treatment. It's been a truly ugly week with little sleep.

We're tweaking the treatment team here at the house & the team is having another staffing to sort all of this out. Unfortunately, kt isn't completely out of control so I can take her to an ER nor is she a danger to herself or others in the context it's used to have her admitted with-o her consent to treatment. This for a young lady who really doesn't know how to sign her name yet - she still prints.