Trick Or Treat Smell My Feet..........

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It was beggers night tonight. We lucked out and got moderate weather. Chilly but not freezing, clear, no wind. Darrin was Buzz Lightyear and Aubrey a cute lil Bumble Bee.

easy child, sister in law, Nichole's boyfriend, and I took the kids around. They got to go all around Nichole's boyfriend's neighborhood (really nice), then we took them downtown because all the businesses on the square pass out candy and UDF passes out free ice cream.

Seems Buzz Lightyear was the hit of the night. Darrin had a fan club going.....lol Little boys his age would come up to "meet" Buzz and want to talk to him, then beg to have their picture taken with him. And Darrin would try to explain it was just "pretend". :rofl:

And yes, his costume really was that good. :D

Aubrey out walked Darrin. She was thrilled to death. She was so proud of her candy and even when it got heavy she wasn't about to let anyone else hold it for her. lol

It was a shame Nichole had to miss it this year. She had classes tonight. But easy child and sister in law made sure they got pics of the kids for her to see.

I swear we must've walked 3 miles tonight. :faint: I discovered how out of shape I am after not doing my walking for so long. ugh

I'll post pics as soon as easy child gets them to me.

So......how'd your lil beggers do? :ghoul::ghost::jack::pumpkin::witch:

Andy

Oh how fun! We will go out tomorrow night.

When we were in Disney World a few years ago, difficult child happened to wear black pants and a short sleeve black shirt with glow in the dark animal prints on it the day we went to Magic Kingdom. While there, we bought him a pirate hat and sword. OMG, he so looked like a pirate. Swishing the sword around added to the character. I overheard a few little girls who passed us say, "Look, a pirate!" They thought he was a planned part of the park.

I can picture kids approaching Buzz. That is so cool. Kids still know who he is after several years of the movie 1st coming out! Buzz will be flying a few days after that very positive attention.

And your bumble bee sounds like a little sweetheart. I am sure she also got lots of good attention.

Don't you love it when the weather cooperates? For us, we are lucky when the weather is warm enough to go without a jacket (not always the case) and even rain boots or snow boots are necessary some years.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
We go out tomorrow night, too. My kiddos are busy carving their pumpkins tonight -- what a laugh! difficult child 1 has serious sensory issues and refused to reach his hand in to scoop the squash guts. I finally gave him a pair of rubber gardening gloves and an ice cream scoop -- so he's busy going to town on it. difficult child 2 was the first to finish, followed by easy child. This was the first year they all did their pumpkins entirely on their own (although I did help clean up the inside of easy child's at her request). Maybe next year I'll get them all to clean up the mess, too!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Lisa,
They sound so cute! I love that Aubrey was so proud of her candy. How cool that Darrin's costume was so true to life!

Trick or Treat is tonight here. Yesterday difficult child cleaned and carved his pumpkin. I was amazed at how well he cleaned it. In previous years he would barely get some of the seeds out. No one had to work on it after him, it was that good!

4sumrzn

Sounds like your bunch had a good time! difficult child has never been into trick-or-treat up until the last minute....last night. So, we put together a quick cat-cheerleader with lots of goofy piggie tails in her hair & off we went. She still never really "got it" & was very nervous about taking the candy or saying anything. BUT, loved seeing all of the candy when we got home!!!! I'm glad she showed interest in going this year...I think she had fun ;)