Trick Or Treaters Make Me Laugh Tonight

DDD

There is still an hour to go and this years batch of children
have looked so "beautiful" ("my Mom done it to me" :D) "scarey"
("don't be scared...it's just me...see? ;)) and "nice" ("this
lady said I was nice Mommy")..yelled out to the car in front of my house. :rofl:

Twice tonight I have softly called out to the doorbell "Oh, my,
who is there?" :smile: and each time the answer was Not
"trick or treat". The first time it was "it's Billy, Susan and
Sean" and the second time it was "it's me and my sister and our
baby brother Johnny."

OMG..........is that precious or what????? I'm all alone in a
stressfree house with no medications and no Cutty. Life should be this
nice all the time!

PS: YES, I know it's not 10/31. We live in a WEIRD place and
Halloween is ALWAYS on the Saturday closest to the date. It is
also 6 to 9. Actually we have gotten used to it..lol. DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Awwwww!! Sounds like you are having a great night.

I just love seeing all the little kids dressed up. Too darn cute. And the things that come out of their mouths..... priceless. :rofl:

by the way our trick or treat was thurs night. We had some awfully cute kids running around. One baby was a Baby Pegasus. Adorable. Although Mom was having a hard time keeping hold of him. lol

Hugs

DDD

Yours was LAST Thursday????????? I give up. Why, then???

by the way I had one little "sneaky difficult child in training" little girl.
Everyone in her group was told "take two". She "took two" and
then just like a magician she grabbed a third candy bar and went
following obediently behind her siblings to the car...with the
3rd bar hiddne behind her back! LOL

Thursday??????????? DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
It was Thursday here, too. Pretty strange thing they do in this area. I guess the kids got out of hand on the 31st so they stagger it. It also means that they can trick or treat on different nights in different areas. lol

Suz

DDD

Was Friday a school holiday?? LOL I just can't imagine why
a City would celebrate the holiday almost a week early on a work/
school night?

I remember the excitement and mystery of being able to go outside
AFTER DARK and run around to "strangers" houses...often on real
school nights. That was half the thrill. Just like Christmas
it changed from year to year. As kids we loved it. Later on,
as a parent it was hard to "love it" when the kids got to bed
late and couldn't go to sleep for ages and then had to be dragged out of bed for school.

Perspectives change, don't they? LOL I'm glad we have kids
who show up each year. Some years there are loads of them and
other years fewer. Tonight I would say there were maybe fifty
and not a single solitary group of big teen boys showed up late
like usual. Guess they are old enough to be driving off for
partying now. DDD

donna723

I guess what few we will have will be out on Wednesday. Even though I live right in the middle of town, there are very few kids going out anymore. The most I ever had was five or six, year before last there were two - last year there were none. It makes me kind of sad, remembering what a great time we used to have on Halloween when I was a kid. Is Halloween just one more thing that the grownups have managed to ruin for the kids?

Of course, I always buy a ton of candy, "just in case". And I always buy the good stuff because I'll probably be eating alot of it myself, or taking it to work. Right now I'm trying to forget that there are ten packages of little candy bars in a plastic bag on my dining room table. If I'm veeeery quiet, I can hear them calling to me ... there are Snickers in there! And Twix! And Peanut Butter Cups! Somebody help me! I'm weakening!
:bag:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I love it.....dont' be scared its just me see? (Thinking = if you knew what this lady has seen in her life)

THanks for sharing

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I would be upset if my town moved Halloween. There is an actual relevance to the date, after all. It isn't just about begging for treats from your neighbors. Your towns do this to avoid recklessness and vandalism?

Around here we have what is called Cabbage night and it's the night before Halloween - all the cops are out in full force as the school always gets TP-ed.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
DDD

Yep, ours does it the 3rd thurs of Oct every year. I hate it. All the parents I speak to hate it. Trying to drag the kids out of bed the next morning is murder.

Besides, it's a bit hard to explain to a lil kid that they're trick or treating for Halloween.....but Halloween isn't for another week. :slap:

I miss the old days. :tissue: I went trick or treating with the grandkids cuz we don't get kids knocking on the door for treats. They all go out to "safe night" at the college and stand in line for a half hour at each sponsor booth for candy, then spend another 2 hours fighting the horrid traffic trying to get home. :thumbsdown:

Not my grandkids. They went door to door, just as it's supposed to be. And loved every minute.

Stella Johnson

Well, here in Dallas we trick or treat on Halloween Day. Part of me wishes they did do it on the weekend closest to the actual day. It's hard on school nights. difficult children on sugar highs can make for a crazy school night. :jack:

The little ones are the cutest. I can't wait till Halloween here.

Steph

SRL

The downtown merchants hand out candy the Sunday evening before the 31st. They are always packed. Regular trick or treating is always on that date. On good years I'll probably get about 40 kids. The past few years there's been a rise of teenage kids out which I'm not happy to see.

I was out shopping and picked up candy last night. Does it seem like those bags of small sized candy bars are getting ridiculously pricey? I picked up full sized candy bars for cheaper than what it would cost to give out a few small ones.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
There is a really small town a little further northeast of ours up here that assembles all the parents and kids at the local elementary school (there are only 2 schools in that town). All the kiddos come dressed up and all the parents open their trunks and hand out candy/treats to the trick or treaters. It's so rural that the kids can't really walk house to house to trick or treat, so some genius came up with this idea. They do it the closest Sunday afternoon to Halloween, which would be today. In this case, I think it's a great idea.

The parents have turned it into a Halloween tail-gate party! Haha - and they all know each other so the kids are free to run around and play.

DDD

Since I almost always gripe about where we live, lol, I must
say a couple of positive things for a change...a BIG change!!

The downtown merchants have Trick or Treat for the PREschoolers
on the Friday afternoon before the Saturday night Halloween.
I've only "seen it" once but it was just too precious to see
all the children under five doing supervised swarming. The daycare centers hire extra help so all their kids are safe and
the stay at home toddlers are awed to see so many others their
size.

The mall (yes, we have a mall) has a two hour T/T on Sunday
afternoons for the children of all ages. I've never gone to
watch that as I'm not a mall type even when there are no kids.

Last year I did a "brilliant choice". This year I forgot it.
Yikes. Am I losing my marbles one at a time?? Last year I
bought juice boxes instead of candy. The children loved them.
There was no extra candy in the house. There was no waste at
all as those things last forever in the pantry.

Remind me next year somebody!!!!!!! DDD