trouble scanning with HP 4580

ctmom05

I have a wireless HP 4580 printer/copier/scanner. I can print and copy just fine, but something seems to be amiss with my ability to scan; either from my computer or from the unit itself.

Any idea on what I should do to remedy this issue? My tech skills are very lite, so the clearer you can explain things, the better :)

LittleDudesMom

Question, are you trying to scan something from the printer and then see it wirelessly on your laptop or easy child? I know with my HP (7100 series) I have to be hardwired to scan something from the printer into my laptop or easy child even though I print wirelessly from my laptop and easy child.

Sharon

ctmom05

Sharon,

I tried scanning both ways and could not.

When I first got the HP all in one, I was able to scan both ways; I have a small folder of things I scanned when I was learning to use that feature.

We've had the all in one a little less than a year. My thought is that inadvertantly something went amiss with the scanning portion of the software.

Unfortunately, I am not particularly tech savvy and don't know how to figure out for sure what is causing the problem or how to remedy it.