trouble scanning with HP 4580

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by ctmom05, Jan 12, 2010.

1. ctmom05

ctmom05 Member

I have a wireless HP 4580 printer/copier/scanner. I can print and copy just fine, but something seems to be amiss with my ability to scan; either from my computer or from the unit itself.

Any idea on what I should do to remedy this issue? My tech skills are very lite, so the clearer you can explain things, the better :)

2. LittleDudesMom

LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

Question, are you trying to scan something from the printer and then see it wirelessly on your laptop or easy child? I know with my HP (7100 series) I have to be hardwired to scan something from the printer into my laptop or easy child even though I print wirelessly from my laptop and easy child.

Sharon

3. ctmom05

ctmom05 Member

Sharon,

I tried scanning both ways and could not.

When I first got the HP all in one, I was able to scan both ways; I have a small folder of things I scanned when I was learning to use that feature.

We've had the all in one a little less than a year. My thought is that inadvertantly something went amiss with the scanning portion of the software.

Unfortunately, I am not particularly tech savvy and don't know how to figure out for sure what is causing the problem or how to remedy it.

4. flutterby

flutterby Fly away!

Usually the easiest fix is to uninstall the software and reinstall it. Not a guarantee, though.