True Grit

witzend

This is absolutely the best movie I have seen in I don't know how long. I do remember seeing the 1969 version with John Wayne and I watched it again 5 - 10 years back and still enjoyed it. But this version is fantastic.

Somewhere way back in the recesses of my mind, I remember a ne'er do well Uncle calling me "Lil Sister". That touches a heartstring. But that aside, this movie is a 10. Acting, cinematography, script, timing. Just flawless.

klmno

I'm about to check this cable company's "on demand" movies to see what I might like to watch tonight. I haven't even looked to see what types of movies they have here- new/old; prices, etc., because the box is in the living room and tonight is the first night I'm using the living room for something other than unpacking boxes because that's as far as I wanted to lug them when I moved. LOL! I might be asking about a few titles to see if you know if they're any good.

Star*

call 911........call 911
This is my gift to DF. He's the biggest John Wayne fan I know, and he's VERY disappointed there is not a Christmas Marathon this year. I'm glad to know it's wonderful. Thx

klmno

Any thoughts on these: Atonement, The English Patient, The Lake House, Hope & Redemption/ The Lena Baker Story, The Trial, Woman Thou Art Loosed, Cooper's Christmas, Deck The Halls, Divine Intervention, Grown Ups, The Lightkeepers, Mixed Nuts, The Year of Getting to KNow Us......

H

HaoZi

We're wanting to see the new version, and I absolutely adore Josh Brolin, have for years. Even kiddo was very disappointed that the only version of Jonah Hex local store has had in stock lately is blu-ray when we need DVD.

My personal Christmas movie is The Ref with Denis Leary.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hmmmm. It's one of my favorite John Wayne movies.......................... Just in the previews I'm having issues with the leading man.......nothing personal against him, I've enjoyed him in other roles.......not so sure in my opinion he'd measure up to the Duke. Although it will probably be ages before I even get a chance to see it. lol I'm still waiting to see Harry Potter, darn it. ugh

witzend

Any thoughts on these: Atonement, The English Patient, The Lake House, Hope & Redemption/ The Lena Baker Story, The Trial, Woman Thou Art Loosed, Cooper's Christmas, Deck The Halls, Divine Intervention, Grown Ups, The Lightkeepers, Mixed Nuts, The Year of Getting to KNow Us......

Are you depressed and you need a good cry? Most of those are three hankie movies. Deck the Halls is kind of a comedy, sort of, but it's lots of family fighting. The Lighthouse is supposed to be "cute". It might be good.

Are you looking things up at imdb.com? It will help with user reviews. I tried watching "Scrooge" with husband last night and I couldn't make it past the first ghost. So depressing! I can't deal with it at this time of year. We took it out and watched "A Christmas Story" instead. I soooo needed a good laugh!

The trial has some hope in it.

klmno

I couldn't last to watch a movie last night. I was ready for bed shortly after eating dinner but it sounds like that might be a good thing if all those movies were tear jerkers. I just want a good drama/mystery or comedy that isn't only funny to a teenager. I did want to see The Company Men thought because I love Kevin Costner and I could relate to the hardship with the economy but they don't have it on the cable movies yet. I'll look again through the list today- maybe I can watch an early movie this evening to help me get back in the routine for going to bed early for work.