True words from a friend

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by carolanne, Mar 30, 2008.

1. carolanne

carolanne Member

I have a wonderful friend on facebook and even though we have never met because I live in Canada and she lives in England, she has helped me through the messes lately.

Today she sent me a lightbulb moment that I wanted to share with you all:

Don't make someone a priority when they make you an option.

I love this....she knows all about everything with difficult child and her ick and the baby to be....certainly worth writing out and taping on my mirror:)

Carolanne

2. rejectedmom

rejectedmom New Member

Good message! I agreee wholeheartedly.

3. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Your friend sounds very wise to me.

4. meowbunny

meowbunny New Member

Definitely a lesson I need to learn, but I'm getting there. Tell your oh-so-wise friend thank you.

5. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

Such a simple, yet profound, message.

6. VickiL

VickiL New Member

WOW!!!! This was just what I needed to hear today, with all of the drama unfolding with Justin! Tell your friend thank you!!!!

7. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

BRILLIANT! going up on the mirror.....and in the office.....that should send a few curt looks dashing.

8. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

Carolanne, please add my thanks to your friend for such a wise and profound statement.

9. Nomad

Nomad Guest

I haven't heard this one before.
    IT's good and it's a keeper.
    (Of course I think we should lend a helping hand when we are able to those in need)
    However...I fully get the point of this statement and I think its something we all need to hear.
    I also like "Charity begins at home," because sometimes I think we give to others and forget our own families.
    I think that it all boils down to being "mindful" of what is going on around us.
    Thank you very much for this.

10. CrazyinVA

CrazyinVA Well-Known Member Staff Member

Love it. I have to say, this is also great advice to those of us out in the dating world ;-)