Trying something new -

Star*

call 911........call 911
NOMAD??? WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!???

Okay - This is about me, not difficult child.

I'm stressed out, I'm overweight, I have problems craving sugar.

I got herbs - I'm completely detoxed from prescriptions - 1 year.

I bought -

Cinnamon - for the sugar
Gymnema sylvestre - to make sugary things taste bad in my mouth
L-Tyrosine - for stress and weight loss because I think I have hypothyroid despite blood work.

I started last night -

2, 500 mg. of L-tyrosine
at night - with water

2 of the sylvestre with breakfast 400 mg.
2 of the cinnamon with breakfast 500 mg.

I'll repeat the sylvestre and cinnamon with dinner

If you have any thoughts or advice I'd welcome it.

Someone told me you have to take Bcomplex and C to make the tyrosine work - but I haven't found anything really substantial on that thought.

Thanks

If the tyrosine works for my nerves - I may be able to talk Dude into it.

There is also tons of research out that says THIS is the herb for ADD and ADHD.

Any thoughts?

Lothlorien

Star, it is a given that most of us do not get enough vitamin Bcomplex with general food. I would advise you to take Bcomplex anyway, regardless if it's in conjunction with the Tyrosine.

It's also a given that we don't get enough magnesium. I would suggest a magnesium/VitD/Calcium compound. There is one that I use called Ionic Fizz. It's a drink mix.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I read it wrong - I thought you said BIONIC fizz - (visions Lee Majors running and jumping) lol

Thanks Loth -

I wanted info on amts. /like am I taking enough.

susiestar

Roll With It
Star,

I have no idea about amounts, but I have also heard that oregano is helpful for immune system, diabetes and weight loss. Now, my source is my mother who was told by a friend of hers, so I truly have NO clue if it really works or not. But it might be worth looking into.

I hope this helps you!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I've stopped a lot of the binge chocolate eating - one bite of a snickers tastes almost too sweet - I've been able to resist the chocolate left over from Easter baskets - and cookies etc. Stuff tastes TOO sweet.

According to the scale at the doctors office - I've lost 7 lbs.

I don't look any lighter and I can't really feel it - nothing seems to fit looser - but scales at my doctors office do not lie. (cause if they do? I'll choke it.)

and not that it's a true bonus but I taste cinnamon most of the day every time I hiccup. lol.

N

Nomad

Sounds like you are doing well....

Here's some things I know....

Overweight...
There is a new chromium out...
Chromium Polynicotinate (solar makes it)

Said to work better than chromium piccolinate. Might boost metabolism.

Google green tea.

As long as green tea does NOT give you headaches, drink several glasses (diet) a day. Will boost metablism...might reduce appetite and has healthy properties.

Cinnamon (natural) and tablets (okay)...great item...might boost metablism.

I put some cinnamon in my 0% fat Greek Yogurt...YUMMY!

Additionally...cut back on the fake sugar. Try to eliminate sugar and cut back on the fake stuff.

Take a B50 tablet...helps with the "nerves."

Magnesium...awesome stuff. Avoid Magnesium Oxide...really doesn't work all that well...other ones are better.

Sounds like you are really doing very well on all of this ...keep up the good work!!!!

Last edited:

KTMom91

Yes...all the fake sugars give me "the stomachache," as my Nana put it. I get headaches, explosive diarrhea (sorry if it's too much information), cold sweats, horrible gas pains/cramps, and bloating.

Check out "Sweet Misery." It was on the Documentary Channel, and it tells a lot about this chemical called NutraSweet. Fascinating. That stuff turns to formaldehyde at 98.6 degrees.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I love freezing my greek yogurt and then topping it with frozen cherries or any other plain fruit you like.
Or fresh if you like. (right now our fruit here is lacking)

Chai tea is a good night drink for when you are craving something sweet also.
The decaf and regular from Good Earth is great tasting.

It has-
Black tea, chicory root, cinnamon, black pepper, ginger root, cardamom, damiana (which smells like chammomile but helps with depression, constipation, coughs), nutmeg, star* anise, natural flavors and licorice root.
I have K drink this at night when she is wound up.
I also love cottage cheese with pine apple...
Cottage cheese is supposed to rev up your metabolism.

Lothlorien

Star, aspartame had the notariaty of giving people migraines. If you want a sugar substitute, try either Splenda or Stevia.