Trying to remain in the Christmas spirit

mum2JK&TH

I haven't posted much because I have been very lucky that difficult child seems to be doing well right now. Many good changes in our house has calmed us all down even with a very hectic schedule.
To be honest, this is the first Christmas in many, many years that I have been excited about it. This will be the first time in a few years that I will have next week off and still get paid (I run a daycare) so I can spend time with just my family as husband is off too. We have moved easy child's pony (that was given to us for $2.00, wonderful gift right there) to a cheaper barn, so money is not as tight and the kids asked for very little that they are getting all on their list. In a nutshell, things have been very positive here for all of us.
So why do things keep happening to try and ruin it? My mother has been very down and negative about many things, most of our close family have all said they aren't in the xmas spirit, had a daycare parent get very angry with me because she spent $10.00 for our Secret Santa when it was supposed to be $5.00 and the gift that they got would have upset the other children so I asked her nicely to make it fair and then the icing on the cake was when I was taking difficult child to a hockey practice on Wed. I hit some black ice and went sliding into a curb. You wouldn't think much of it especially when I was only doing about 30 kms (not sure what that is in miles) that it would leave my car not only undrivable but they are esitmating the damage to be a couple of thousand!!!!!! Still waiting to hear what exactly is damaged but when they finally towed it (took 20 hrs, luckily we were right in front of the arena, the front tires were going in different directions. We got 39 cms of snow from Sunday to Wednesday and the roads were a mess even with the snow plows out. I don't really want to go through my insurance, I'm afraid how much it will go up if I do, but I don't have a couple of thousand lying around, especially right now.
I am trying very hard to keep in the Christmas spirit but it's getting really hard. I keep telling myself that it could have been a serious accident instead of a stupid accident. That I can still enjoy Christmas even if others around me aren't in the spirit. I keep trying to tell myself that it could be a lot worse and that I am still very lucky to have things going well right now, but sheeeeeesshhh!
Anyone else have the holiday's murphy's law??? :smile:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I haven't posted much because I have been very lucky that difficult child seems to be doing well right now. Many good changes in our house has calmed us all down even with a very hectic schedule. <span style="color: #FF0000">THIS IS FANTASTIC AND MANY ARE SO HAPPY FOR YOU! FINALLY A BIT OF PEACE</span>
To be honest, this is the first Christmas in many, many years that I have been excited about it. <span style="color: #009900">KEEP THE SPIRIT ALIVE - </span> This will be the first time in a few years that I will have next week off and still get paid (I run a daycare) so I can spend time with just my family as husband is off too. <span style="color: #CC0000">WHAT I WOULD GIVE TO HAVE difficult child HOME and A WEEK OFF PAID - LUCKY YOU!</span>We have moved easy child's pony (that was given to us for $2.00, wonderful gift right there) <span style="color: #000099">I'VE ASKED SANTA FOR A PONY FOR 43 YEARS WTheck?</span> to a cheaper barn, so money is not as tight and the kids asked for very little that they are getting all on their list. In a nutshell, things have been very positive here for all of us. <span style="color: #6600CC">WAY TO GO, NO MONEY PROBLEMS, KIDS AREN'T GREEDY AND THEY ARE GETTING PRESENTS</span>
So why do things keep happening to try and ruin it? <span style="color: #CC0000">BAD BAD GO AWAY MY FRIEND WANTS POSITIVE JU JU HER WAY </span>My mother has been very down and negative about many things, <span style="color: #FF9900">SO SORRY FOR HER - SENDING ANTI-GRAVITY BOOTS TO TURN HER MOOD UPSIDE DOWN!</span> most of our close family have all said they aren't in the xmas spirit,<span style="color: #3333FF"> TELL THEM TO GET IN IT OR SHOVEL PONY APPLES THAT's ALWAYS A MOOD CHANGER</span> had a daycare parent get very angry with me because she spent $10.00 for our Secret Santa when it was supposed to be $5.00 <span style="color: #660000">SHOULD HAVE SAID IN IN SIGN LANGUAGE - HEARING IMPAIRED PARENT HAS A NICE REGIFT FOR THE MAIL LADY</span> and the gift that they got would have upset the other children so I asked her nicely to make it fair <span style="color: #CC9933">YOU ARE SO NICE!</span> and then the icing on the cake was when I was taking difficult child to a hockey practice on Wed. I hit some black ice and went sliding into a curb. <span style="color: #009900">CARS CAN BE REPAIRED GLAD YOU WERE NOT HURT </span>You wouldn't think much of it <span style="color: #3333FF">I THINK A GREAT DEAL OF YOU!</span> especially when I was only doing about 30 kms <span style="color: #6600CC">I THINK IT's LIKE A BAZILLION MILES PER HOUR NOT SURE BUT YOU WERE GETTIN' IT WEREN'T YOU? </span>(not sure what that is in miles) that it would leave my car not only undrivable <span style="color: #663366">YOU DO HAVE THAT $2.00 PONY???</span>but they are esitmating the damage to be a couple of thousand!!!!!! :smile: Still waiting to hear what exactly is damaged but when they finally towed it (took 20 hrs, luckily we were right in front of the arena, the front tires were going in different directions. We got 39 cms of snow from Sunday to Wednesday and the roads were a mess even with the snow plows out. I don't really want to go through my insurance, I'm afraid how much it will go up if I do, but I don't have a couple of thousand lying around, especially right now. <span style="color: #CC66CC">NEIHER DO I - BUT I AM GLAD YOU ARE OKAY! </span>
I am trying very hard to keep in the Christmas spirit <span style="color: #3333FF">YOU CAN DO IT DIG DEEP DIG DEEP YOU CAN DO IT!!!!</span> but it's getting really hard. I keep telling myself that it could have been a serious accident instead of a stupid accident. <span style="color: #CC0000">YOURSELF IS VERY INTELLIGENT AND CORRECT! </span>That I can still enjoy Christmas even if others around me aren't in the spirit. I keep trying to tell myself that it could be a lot worse <span style="color: #000099">YOU ARE CORRECT AGAIN!</span>and that I am still very lucky <span style="color: #339999">LIKE THE DANG IRISH !</span> to have things going well right now, but sheeeeeesshhh! :smile:

<span style="color: #CC0000">Feel</span> <span style="color: #FF6600">better now </span>- sending <span style="color: #993399">rainbows </span>!!!