trying to remember a book title

DammitJanet

Does anyone remember the book we had to read in school about the hot dog factory? I cant even remember a whole lot about the book except for something about the ingredients of the hot dogs...lol. It was about the working conditions in factories.

This wasnt a funny book, it was a serious book. I think we read it in junior high.

Any clue?

C.J.

The Jungle - by Upton Sinclair

He investigated the conditions of meat packing plants early in the 20th century.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I just listened to that book on my i-pod when I drove down here from Idaho!
I would recommend it to anyone who didn't have to read it in School, which I didn't because I to went to School in NoCal. LOL

Even if you read it in School I would re-read it!!!
I was just telling someone about it the other day.
Long read but I loved it!

I'll sign up for that at the library tomorrow. I just finished the best book called Piece Of Cake, by Cupcake Brown. It's an autobiography of a major drug addict, prostitute, difficult child, failed by the system, gang-banger. She is now an award-winning lawyer, working for a top ten law firm. She was in her 30's before she became a lawyer. It was an inspiring read.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Yep,CJ, Upton Sinclair "The Jungle".
I remember the mothers in the tenements in Chicago fed their babies "blue milk". I'm not sure why that left such an impression but I never forgot that book. I think I was 14yrs old when I read it.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I wonder if I could get our book store to order it for me. They're pretty good about that since they don't have a huge inventory. Hmmmm Sounds like a good one.

DammitJanet

Thank you thank you!

I dont know why I got to thinking about that book recently but Tonys roommate started talking about bologna and hot dogs tonight on the phone and that book popped into my head. I just couldnt remember the title. I kept thinking the author was named something that rhymed with Lipton...lol. Gosh my mind is going.