TTMIF!! (Thank the Maker its Friday)

Jabberwockey

In deference to Pigless having a lot on her plate right now, I will start the daily thread. Nothing special going on today. Finally getting another Pathways to Change class in at work, not that the inmates are happy about that! Looking forward to hopefully getting to the property this weekend to get a bit of work done. Gonna have a hell of a time cutting a path out to get to the blackberries then trimming around them. Also would like to get a fire pit dug and have an area cleared around it for chairs/picnic table/table/whatever we will sit on. Told Lil last night that I'd really like to get out there some night, preferably with the telescope, but even just doing a little old fashioned naked eye star gazing would be nice! Lived in town too long and would like to see the night sky without a ton of light pollution again.

pasajes4

I used to live in west Texas, and the best part was the ability to see the Milky Way with the naked eye. I was less than 20 miles from the Davis Observatory and could take advantage of public nights. The best part was having a ringside seat to observe the Marfa light phenomenon.

KTMom91

Good morning, all!

It's our last day of nice weather for a while - the 100s are predicted to hit tomorrow. 107 on Tuesday. I am not amused.

Day Four of Islam is available today, I have errands to run, a chiropractor appointment, and just general stuff going on. I would really rather settle in with a large glass of iced tea and do some reading, but...

Wishing everyone a fabulous Friday!

karisma

Good Morning. Last day under 110 degrees. We will have 118 and 120 on Sun. and Mon.
I am not amused either. I mean i don't think its even summer yet technically.
Everyone have a great day, or at least a reasonable one.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
TGIF!
We are going camping in South Haven, MI this weekend. Our friends own a camper and they are pro's so it should be a fun weekend. Weather in high 80's and sunny all weekend.

My son got a job! He starts Monday working as a glazier assistant with one of his roommates. It's full time also. The pay is $11 per hour to start and he said "it really is't very much". Seriously?? Get in the real world please. I don't know what kind of money these kids expect with no experience. Hopefully this will work out and he'll stay at the job. I am trying to be optimistic.....

Happy Father's Day to all. I am making Chicken Tikka Masala on Sunday for my husband. My coworker makes it all the time and said it's delicious. I'm not much of a cook but am going to try it.......

Lil

I used to live in west Texas, and the best part was the ability to see the Milky Way with the naked eye. I was less than 20 miles from the Davis Observatory and could take advantage of public nights. The best part was having a ringside seat to observe the Marfa light phenomenon.

Oh is that a Dark Sky Preserve? I'd LOVE to go somewhere where I could see the Milky Way again. I haven't seen it since I was a kid.

Jabber is way more excited than I am about going to the property this weekend. After we starred in The Day of a Thousand Ticks, I don't really want to see the sequel. I hate those nasty bugs!

Jabberwockey

It's our last day of nice weather for a while - the 100s are predicted to hit tomorrow.

Our temp finally dropped by almost ten degrees. 90 is the forcasted high for today which is still almost ten degrees higher than the normal.
The pay is $11 per hour to start and he said "it really is't very much". Seriously?? Get in the real world please.

While that is a decent wage, do the math. One of the things I do in my class is go over a budget for a $10 per hour full time job. It's fairly difficult to get your head above water making that kind of money. It's doable as long as you prioritize and live realistically. You simply can't afford to eat out hardly at all on that budget and you definitely have to shop around for groceries.

I mean i don't think its even summer yet technically.

Monday is the official first day of summer.

Scent of Cedar *

Good Morning, Everybody

:O)

Jabber is way more excited than I am about going to the property this weekend. After we starred in The Day of a Thousand Ticks, I don't really want to see the sequel. I hate those nasty bugs!

"The Day of a Thousand Ticks...."

:rofl:

:hugs:

Cedar

The bear was back last night. She (we think a she) tore the bottom panels off the locked garage door to get at the trash can. How lovely to wake up to find our garbage all over the road where the neighbors could see.

:hangin:

Scent of Cedar *

Let your imagination run wild.

...yep. That's about right.

:O)

Cedar

It's just that everything looks so ugly when it's your garbage. On the street!

Oh, that bear.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Call the DNR and ask about having the bear trapped and relocated. Also look into bear-proof trash bins. I had to get the DNR involved re: bear problems when I lived in the Northwoods.

Unfortunately, the sow black bear involved in my case had to be shot as she was back within two weeks of being relocated 10 miles away.