Tudors? And pass me the spoon

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Star*, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

'Cause I could just scoop up that actor that portrays the king. -

I watched him in August Rush too - yyyyyyyyummy and I'm usually struck with such blond ambitions. lol

I cried when they beheaded Anne (Natalie Dormer) played such the part.

Ahhhh born 600 years too late. lol

I don't know if I like Lady Jane Seymore she seems like such a goodie two shoes, but I know from studying English history that she really was his favorite Queen.

Ahhhhh and now no more until 2009. ARGH.

2. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

Well, as usual, I missed it. There's just too much gfgness that goes on around here at night.

Maybe it will be out on DVD soon :D

3. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

Last season is in my NetFlix qeue!! My sister's been gushing about it forever, but I don't get pay channels. So, I wait...

If you like The Tudors, you would probably love these two books:

Daughter of York
    A Rose for the Crown

Both by Anne Easter Smith

I couldn't put them down and they weren't small books - absolutely wonderful!

4. Star*

thanks for the book suggestion - I shall look for them.

Currently I'm reading - an 1896 yr. book I picked up in a second hand store - called The Queens of England - and it's a little harder to read as it's in English brogue of that period - I have thesarus handy. lol.

5. HereWeGoAgain

HereWeGoAgain Grandpa

I watched "Anne of the Thousand Days" on cable a while ago, mostly because Genevieve Bujold was in it. Richard Burton is terrific as Henry VIII. Very good movie.

I skipped "The Other Boleyn Girl" at the movies though.

6. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

I don't get showtime, unfortunately. I really would have loved to see this series. I'll have to wait til it comes out on dvd.

7. Star*

I didn't see the other Boelyn girl either - maybe when it comes out on DVD - but it looked trashy.

I'm up to Katherine Howard in Queens of Henry the VIII - WOW what a difficult child he was.

And LMS - YOU WILL GET NO ARGUMENT FROM ME - there is probably a word to describe JRM but hubba hubba just does not get it. He makes me wish I were 15 years younger. WOW.

-Not that I'd embroider his face on a baby's afghan or anything. (see SLR comment to NVTS baby shower post)

8. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

I'm waiting for The Other Boelyn Girl on dvd from the library. Eric Bana is probably my second after GB.

9. Star*

yeah all these young hotties playing Royals. Eric:devil2: Bana is certainly on the "must see" list. lol

:surprise: