tweedle dum @ camp and....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
running away, threatening suicide, attacking other campers.

Yes, wm makes a mother's heart beat with pride!

I rec'd a call from camp when they couldn't get hold of foster mum & asked that we come immediately to pick him up as he was a danger to himself & others. As camp is 3 hours away, kt's PCA has left for the day & it takes at least 2 adults to transport wm anywhere, I told camp it was highly unlikely that wm would be picked up tonight.

AND if wm is a danger to himself & others 911 needs to be called & he needs to be transferred to the nearest facility for evaluation & stabilization. PERIOD!

Camp didn't feel that way so I gave them add'l emergency numbers, (mental health case manager & foster care SW).

In the meantime, foster mum just called - they had gone out to dinner. She is contacting her emergency numbers & then going to talk to wm. Foster mum & I know that wm is pulling out all stops ~ most likely not suicidal or homicidal. If wm needs to be picked up due to anything other than suicidal ideation, wm will spend the rest of the week in his room at group home. Foster mum & mental health case manager will make the final call on camp - mostly mental health case manager.

I just don't know what to believe ~ wm has taken us on a run for our lifetimes. He continues to cry "wolf" knowing that staff has to respond. And he continues to get weekly therapy along with consequences for crying wolf.

I hate this stuff.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
<<<HUGS>>> and prayers ><>

*I can't imagine how you feel with the current dynamics of your situation and your health concerns combined!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Oh Linda,
What a night!:(
I'm surprised the camp didn't feel the need to call 911. It has to be so difficult to know what is crying wolf and what isn't. I don't blame you for hating this stuff.

I hope the mental health case manager is able to figure things out. Sending the gentlest of hugs your way.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Beth & Sharon,

This is what gets me - wm will not let himself have fun. It's all drama & poor little orphan boy stuff. Drives me up a wall. He's been a part of our family for more than half his life now & still "refuses" to accept our love. He's happier living in chaos - if there is none around he creates it.

Thanks ladies, I appreciate the ear. Just needed to get that out of my system.

LittleDudesMom

Linda,

I'm sorry. Wm is growing physically but seems to be stuck emotionally. I can't really imagine your frustration and disapointment given all the hard work for your son. Self-sabatage is an awful thing.

Hugs,
Sharon

busywend

So sorry, Linda. I really wonder what it will be that finally gets to wm. Maturity? A girlfriend? Something horrible happening to him, again? It must keep you up all night wondering what would do it for him.

HUGS!!

Christy

He's been a part of our family for more than half his life now & still "refuses" to accept our love. He's happier living in chaos - if there is none around he creates it.

I'm sorry things are this way. I wish something could get through to Wm and he could realize the life he is giving up by chosing this one.

((((hugs))))
Chrissty

M

ML

Wm has created this hostile world around himself to mirror back the internal agony he feels. How frustrating that he has chosen this. Rather for whatever reason he has been unable to. You are doing the very best you can and that's all you can do. You are powerless at this point. I will pray for him, TL.

Also, if the staff didnt' feel the need to call 911 then on some level they didnt' really feel it was an emergency either.

Thinking of you,

Michele

TerryJ2

Oh, Linda, I am so sorry. How frustrating for you.
How I wish he would learn.
Let us know what happens with-the foster mom.

OpenWindow

Sorry Linda. I hope he gets a hold of himself, gets to stay and finds a way to enjoy camp, but he's not making that very likely, is he?

I agree - if they thought it was really an emergency they would have called 911.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
After many phone calls & much dinking around (evaluations by mental health case manager, pep call from me & foster mum, etc.) it was determined the wm was once again "crying wolf". :2dissapointed:

Then foster mum called & told wm to get his act together - if she & foster dad had to pick wm up & bring him back to group home he would be very bored the rest of the week (i.e. the rest of the week in his room with nothing but a book to read). I believe she got through to wm as we've heard nothing else from camp.

I wish chaos wasn't so addictive for wm; that he didn't need that constant adult attention. He can be a delightful young man when he wants to; has a tremendous sense of humor. I want to like wm more than I do right now.

Thanks for the ear ladies. It means more to me to just be able to get these things out of my system than you realize. :wine: