Tweedle is coming home for a visit....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
My family is arriving in town tomorrow to do some winterizing about my home & to just plain visit. My dad, sister, brother in law & grand niece are hitting town around 3 tomorrow afternoon.

wm hasn't seen my brother in law nor my grand niece in almost 5 years. I spoke with therapist, wm's mental health worker, our mental health case manager. I thought it would be nice for wm to see family in his family home. Foster mum & dad are always gracious when I take someone who's visiting up to see wm. However, this time I wanted to see how wm reacted in his family home with family.

Mental health worker will be here with wm the entire visit. It will be 3 hours at the most (keep it short & sweet).

wm is helping make cornbread muffine with his cousin T for dinner. I have T & a friend helping put together a large pot of chili dinner. wm & I will head out into the yard to burn off some sticks & such if he needs a bit of downtime. I'm sure Dad will help out with that.

Keep your fingers crossed that the visit goes well.

graceupongrace

Linda,

It sounds like a lovely afternoon. The baking and yard work are great ideas -- much better than people sitting around feeling uncomfortable and trying to make awkward conversation. Hope all goes well with the visit. :praying:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thank you all ~ wm had a good visit.

He did very well remembering why he was here. As there was snow on the route here my family was later than anticipated. So wm & Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) manager put together a new hutch for my desk & a different, working file cabinet. wm loves to put things together.

I'm very proud of wm ~ he maintained & took breaks when necessary. He visited & impressed his aunt, uncle & grandfather. We all drove him home & chatted with foster mum, dad & various other people running about the group home.

Wonderful visit with more to come.

mstang67chic

Going Green
That's great Linda!!!! I know he's got a ways to go yet but it sounds like he's growing up and making some very, very good strides!!! I'm so glad that he not only had another wonderful visit with you but also more of the family, especially after the past year.

Sending happy hugs! Have a good time with the family for the rest of their visit! (What do they think of the house?)

Penta

What a step forward for your son...moving toward maturity in small strides. Wonderful! I know you were very proud.