Twin tax break--what a deal!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by TerryJ2, Jan 2, 2009.

1. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

This doesn't happen very often! LOL.

Michigan Twins Born in Different Years

AP
    posted: 2 HOURS 17 MINUTES AGO
    comments: 415
    filed under: National News, Weird News

ROCHESTER, Mich. (Jan. 2) - They're twins, all right, despite what their spanking new birth certificates say. Tariq Griffin entered the world at 12:17 a.m. on New Year's Day at Crittenton Hospital in Rochester, Mich. Twin brother Tarrance was born a bit earlier — 26 minutes to be exact.
    That means the boys have the unique distinction of having been born on different days, months and years.
    Their dad, Tarrance Sr., is also a twin. The parents say the boys are doing well, which is their main concern.

2. Jena

Jena New Member

that's so cool!! Thanks for sharing that. Welcome to the world little ppl. love babies. :)

3. Andy

Andy Active Member

That really is awesome. As a twin myself (3 minutes older than sister) I think it would be wierd to be twins but have different birth dates. And being I am the oldest, it would be cool to have the first birthday!

Those parents will have a fun time explaining to the school district and teachers - they will get the call every single year, "We have two different dates down for your kids' birthday, which is correct?"

4. ML

ML Guest

That is so cool! Good for them.

5. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

I was thinking the same thing........let alone the that the years will also be different. They'll be explaining this the rest of their lives.

Still, pretty cool.

6. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Very cool! This almost happened in our city but they missed it by 10 minutes.

7. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

In many team sports kids play on competitive teams by birthyears -- so the twins will be placed on different teams because the leagues won't consider them the same age LOL!

8. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

JJJ, I was just thinking that as well.

Also, in Ontario your grade in school is determined by your birth year, so up here they would be in different grades unless the parents arranged for the younger one to skip or the older one to start late.

What a hoot.

Trinity