Twinkle twinkle little Star

Andy

O.K., I am not one to use drugs but that LSD stuff is looking very tempting. Thank you for the idea Abbey!

:rofl:

Star, I hope you are finding answers to your questions.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Andy -

Not many answers - only more questions, more "wow that doesn't make sense" statements from the NP and doctors and and a fist full of guinea pig prescriptions. I guess they aren't done with the tests yet (I am) but we'll just keep plugging along and hoping this NP can pull it all together and make some sense of what is going on when she has all the pieces.

At least she's not saying " You're just fat, try Ediets." she's being proactive about what I need to change - it's just the trial and error of it all - again. I know what is going on inside makes NO sense - -I was a sexy beast - now I'm just a beast. lol. Grrrrrrr. I got this way over night - but there is no way of UNgetting this way overnight - THAT is the part that seems unfair. :sick:

DammitJanet

At least she isnt just saying try ediets.

I had a woman doctor who was all of about 100 pounds soaking wet tell me one time I just needed to stop putting a fork in my mouth! All my problems would go away if only I stopped using silverware!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You're right Star, it's not fair. easy child had it happen to her as well. But she was fortunate enough to have a fam doctor who with her help figured out the problem quickly and started treatment. Still even with the thyroid medications she's finding taking the pounds back off again a challenge.

I'm glad you have a NP with a brain, who evidently knows how to use it, and who has sense enough to look beyond the cover to find out what's going on. I know it's daunting. That's why the nephrologist and fam doctor doesn't get to see me on a reg basis although they keep trying. That way I can at least pretend I'm like everyone else. lol ;) And well, heck, it gets old after a while. Not to mention expensive.

I hope she's able to put those pieces together for you once she gets them all together. Praying for an AHA! moment here.

Hugs

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You know, I reallly really get POed when people, most especially medical people, assume an obese person is obese simply from over eating. Really burns me up. Because they should know better. Ok, granted, there are people who are obese because they simply have eating issues. But many are the way they are due to other issues either directly contributing to the weight or indirectly contributing to the weight.

And it really makes me mad when a doctor tells someone to diet. A diet only makes it worse. Changing eating habits helps. But diets are short term fixes that lead to more weight gain down the road.

Had a nephrologist meet me for the first time who tried to tell me my belly was all fat. (it was one of those days where I look 10 mos preggers) While I conceded that some of it was weight, I assured him that more than half of it was not. He laughed at me. The arse.

Went back a week later. Belly was down to normal size, and according to his scale I'd lost 30 lbs.

He never remarked on my "fat" or my weight again. The arse should've known better. sigh

Star*

call 911........call 911
Daisy -

Okay I had to google nephrologist - lol. That just sounds like something you'd see in a Dr. Seuss book.

And then the Woozle Googled the Nephrologist. ;)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Sorry to hear about the ongoing frustrations with your health. :( I remember when we were on the diagnosis merry-go-round with difficult child 1 and then with husband. It's downright maddening when you KNOW something is off but no one is able to tell you why. And being like most of us here, I'm sure you are not happy being in the dark without answers.

Hang in there.:flower: