Twins update: Hospital bed rest

trinityroyal

Hello everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA again, but chaos has reigned in Trinity-land lately and it's been difficult to get at a computer.

Sunday night at about 11 pm I started getting fierce contractions, about 4 minutes apart. I wanted to make darn sure that it wasn't yet another false alarm, so I timed the contractions for 4 hours. At that point, I woke up husband and we raced to the hospital.

They have admitted me, and here I am on full bed rest for the duration. They are trying to get me to 34 weeks, which is this Sunday, and at that point the docs will decide whether they think they can stretch this pregnancy out any longer, or whether they'll do a C-section at that point.

Thadeus and Scott (thanks Dammit Janet for the names) are both robust and healthy and doing fine. At the last ulltrasound on Monday, Thadeus--the LITTLE one--measured 19.9 inches and 7 lbs. Scott is 7 lbs 5 oz, and just over 20 inches.

The docs' big worry right now is the balancing act between giving the babies enough time to finish baking, and ensuring that I don't split open. With 2 previous abdominal surgeries under my belt (so to speak), it's a real danger so they're keeping a close watch. I'm allowed up for an hour a day to shower etc., and in bed for the other 23, just to keep things quiet and still.

Starbie, depending on what happens tomorrow, I just might be able to arrange for these babies to be born on your birthday after all.

My darling husband came by yesterday, and persuaded the nurses to let him take me out in a wheelchair for a spin. I have never been more grateful to just sit still in a sunbeam and breathe fresh air. AND, he set up a laptop with wireless internet in the hospital. for me, so now I have a computer to play on AND perhaps enough time to play.

Trinity

Star*

call 911........call 911
OKAY NOW I KNOW WHAT I WANT FOR MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

But when I tell DF he just may faint!!!!!

BABIES!!!!!!!! TWO BOYS!!!!!!:surprise::surprise::tongue::tongue:
YOU GO MOMMA!!!
Thadeus & Scott
WELCOME LUVS!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Wow... How do you cope? I'd be SO BORED. I hope you have plenty of reading material!!! Even the computer can't hold me that long.

Those are some BIG boys, for TWINS.

Everyone will be just fine. Even if they ARE Starbie's birthday present. That's kind of a weird present, though. (Jett's birthday is Saturday... I'll tell him it's one for him, too.)

Thanks for letting us know what's going on! And enjoy the relaxation!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Glad you and the twins are doing well but UGH!!! I would be bored spitless. If you want something to do.....get yourself a Yahoo email addy....email me so I can add you to my contacts thereby adding you to my chat and we can ....well...chat! LOL

flutterby

Fly away!
We think about it being boring, but I imagine that your body is pretty tired about now.

Geesh, you're carrying around 14.5 pounds of baby (plus all the other stuff that goes with) and I thought I was miserable with easy child's 8 lbs 12.5 oz self. And from what I recall, you're a little thing.

Take care of you and those babies. Keeping you all in my thoughts.

(((hugs)))

Lothlorien

Love the names. They are healthy sized twins! Wow! I hope you have lots of movies to watch. Catch up on that rest now, because after they are born, you are going to be exhausted!! I'm so excited for you!

busywend

Fingers crossed the boys continue to bake until Sunday!! Rattling everything!

Be good to your body. Even if your mind doesn't want to play along. If you know Yoga, practice it now. Find your Zen place! LOL!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I've been thinking about you this week and wondered how things were going. I hope you can keep from losing your marbles while on the bedrest. And hope these wee ones cooperate with everyone's plans -- though they seldom do that, don't they?

Good luck!

susiestar

Roll With It
WOW!!! I am so happy that they are healthy, at least!

Your stomach/abdomen must hurt like crazy.

I will keep you in my prayers. I need something positive to focus on! I remember how nuts I went on bedrest with thank you.

DammitJanet

How wild..I was just coming out from my bedroom to post a "Where is Trinity and how are my twins?" post!

Gosh those are some big boys! They have to be boys...lol. FYI my newest just weighed in at 5 pounds and isnt due till the end of Sept! Damn...I just figured it out. You and Billie must have had nearly the same actual due date!

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Oh, Trinity! I'm sitting here crying because your twin boys will be here soon. You will have so many good memories of all their developing interactions. I don't care how gfgish our boys were, they were so precious and special.

Can we all be godmothers?

klmno

I'm glad to hear you and the babies are ook. I can't believe their weight- difficult child didn't weigh as much as either of them when he was born as a "lone" baby! LOL (They think he lost weight due to being very late though.) Anyway, keep us posted- I'm glad to hear the docs are keeping a close eye on things and it sounds like everything will be fine!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
With 14 some pounds of baby inside you, honey......I'd be enjoying that bedrest as much as possible. Also try to get as much sleep as possible cuz when those boys get here I doubt there will be much sleeping going on. lol

Keeping body parts crossed the lil guys get to bake a bit longer.

((hugs))