Two blasts go off at Finish Line of Boston Marathon

Mattsmom277

I'm just disgusted with so much of "the world" lately. This just reminds me why I want to leave most of the normal parts of daily life behind, I'd live in the woods as a recluse if I could. Sad day

Jody

I am disgusted and mad. Gosh stuff like this just pisses me off. The meaness of it all is just unbelievable. I watched a documentary of the Oklahoma Bombing the other day, and it just hurts you to your heart to know that anyone would do these things to people. Ugh. Tiny house in the woods of North Carolina is sounding better and better.

BusynMember

What happened this time (sigh)? I was out all day.

I listen to the news less and less. There is little happiness ever reported. So much violence.

DDD

My prayers are with those injured but I always get anxious for family members and friends who see a tragedy and have no way to verify quickly that their people are ok. How frightening that must be. DDD

slsh

member since 1999
Sending thoughts and prayers to the good people of Boston. I'm just heartsick for them. And for us all. This should not happen in America.

JKF

Tiny house in the woods of North Carolina is sounding better and better.

Jody - please take me with you.

This whole thing makes me so sad and disgusted. Why would anyone ever do something like that to another human being? An 8 year old boy was one of the two killed and dozens were critically injured. Such a senseless tragedy for all involved. You can bet that my thoughts and prayers are with every one affected.

DammitJanet

Ive yet to see any of my family posting on FB. Im thinking that may mean the internet is down up there. Or maybe they are all together somewhere in shock. Im praying it isnt something worse. My entire paternal family lives within 20 miles of Boston.

I was out all day long and didnt even know this happened until 5 this afternoon when Tony called me. I am shocked. Mad as fire too. One thing though...whoever did it, they will pay.

SuZir

There is violence in this world one can at least understand, but these kinds of acts are just so nonsensial. I have a running buddy, who was participating, but luckily she and everyone in her company are safe.

Hopefully they do catch a culprit(s) quickly.

Prayers for those hurt and their loved ones.

nerfherder

DDD: I heard from someone that bystanders were all over the runners, handing off cellphones so they could check in with loved ones. One person (or a few people) showed their butchery, hundreds showed their humanity. I'm not that ready to write off the human race.

greenrene

I can't get the image of that man with both legs blown off out of my mind. The darkness that has to be in someone to want to do something like this... it boggles the mind. But goodness will prevail, I know it. To see those brave people running TOWARD the blast scene, jumping over and ripping down barricades to try to help knowing that they were putting their own lives in danger as well... I'm not writing off the human race, either. The good far outweighs the bad.