Two Ful Days

B

Bunny

It's been two full days since I have heard "you don't love me" out of difficult child's mouth. I'm not sure why. Maybe he's feeling more secure. Maybe he's not looking for attention like he was before. Maybe he just is trying to realize that I'm right and he's wrong in this instance. Who the heck knows. I wonder how long this is going to last?

The kids are off from school tomorrow for Veterans Day. I hate when they have days off. It throws off his whole routine. I told them that I would take them to see Puss N' Boots at the movies tomorrow. That will keep them both occupied for a couple of hours, at least.

A full moon tonight and no school tomorrow. AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

buddy

I wondered if anyone got off for veterans day anymore. I hear what you say about no school days. WE have a little bit less of that adjustment now that I just keep those days pretty routine too but they do throw things off for us too.

We have had at least two days off every couple of weeks for the last month. Really stinks.

congrats on the reduction in negative statements. I laughed out loud for real one night after you posted about that and I said no to something and Q said I know you hate me.... OH my, these guys!

B

Bunny

difficult child decided that he didn't want to go to the movies with easy child and me, so we went without him, but I made sure to tell him that I did not want to hear about how I don't love him because we went. He was the one who made the choice not to go and that we would have liked for him to come. We'll have to see how the rest of the weekend goes.

buddy

ugg, how draining, to have to cover what you think (know) his response is going to be when you come back, even though it was his choice. That is my most tiring thing lately....always having to predict the future problem and try to minimize the damage. You did great.

B

Bunny

That is my most tiring thing lately....always having to predict the future problem and try to minimize the damage. You did great.

That is exactly how I feel!! To always have to be one step ahead of him is exhausting and, to be perfectly honest, I'm tired of having to do it.

He was okay when easy child and I got back from the movie. While I was making dinner he was in that mode where he does his best to be annoying. It's an attention ploy. As hard as it is, because when he is like this what I really want to do is wring his little neck, I just try to ignore him. I have told him over and over again that he is not going to het my attention by being annoying. If he wants to be good, that's a different issue, but I'm sick of the bad attention is better than no attention train of thought.