Two Hour Early Dismissal

Bunny

Ugh!! For the last four or five weeks Fridays have been really bad afternoons for difficult child. I have been dreading them. Since we're in the path of the oncoming blizzard the schools are dismissing two hours early. Oh, goody. My Friday afternoon can start two hours earlier than usual. Boy, I'm really looking forward to that.

StressedM0mma

Sorry Bunny. Is there anyway to stock up on some movies he would like to see? Or something else that would keep him a little more settled? Maybemake him go shovel!!

TerryJ2

Ohhh, dear. I vote for movies and some kind of games. Try to plan something instead of just letting him get bored. Sigh.

Bunny

The problems start when easy child doesn't want to play with difficult child and do what he wants exactly when he wants it. I asked him if he wanted to make dinner for me, and he said no because last night was leftover night and he had to make his own dinner and the night before he made dinner for me, which worked out well because it kept him busy with me in the kitchen and kept him away from easy child. I'll have to see how the afternoon goes. I just sent husband an email asking whe he plans on leaving the office. If he comes home early that will make things easier for me because I won't be home alone.

StressedM0mma

I understand. difficult child used to be that way with easy child as well. Would both boys be up to a snowball fight? Or are the winds picking up too much? Or would you have to worry about difficult child throwing to roughly? If not, I say toss them outside to make forts/ toss snowballs at each other. Maybe it will tire each other out???

If it is too bad outside, we have had indoor snowball fights with balled up tissue paper. And each girl would make a fort out of couch cushions. It was always a hit here, and they couldn't really hurt each other/things with tissue paper.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I also like the movie idea along with popcorn (with real butter, of course:)). I hope things go well with the upcoming blizzard. (((hugs)))