Two Hours in the DARK with difficult children

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Lordy.

Not even a big storm. Actually a barely noticable storm. Few minutes of high winds, some lightening, little bit o' thunder, rain. It's over. And poof!

At 8:45 pm the lights go out.

The house is dark and quiet. Until Aubrey wakes up because the fan and tv have shut off in her room. Nichole is swearing because she was finally doing well in Spore. Me cursing a blue streak cuz Bruce chose the opportunity to hop onto my dinner plate. :mad:

Candles? Sure, but where are they? It's black as black, can't see your hand in front of your face. Baby is screaming and we can't see to get to her. I give Nichole my lighter, Travis finds a candle. Then hunt down the camp lantern.

For 2 hours we sit and attempt to entertain a very exhausted 2 yr old. We keep our morale up by saying the power will be back on in just a few more minutes. By the end of that 2 hours Nichole had taken Aubrey to her bed. I'd just decided to attempt to sleep without a fan......and Travis had decided he'd sit in the livingroom all night as it was cooler than his room. Then poof. Power was back.

Thank God! :D

Then Nichole lets out a loud yelp and hollers for me. There is a HUGE spider right at the head of the bed. So big bad Momma had to go and squash it.

So now baby is asleep. Travis is up on his computer. I'm on mine. Nichole is headed back to bed. And all is once again right with the world.

I so do NOT like black outs.:mad:

klmno

I'm not so religious (spiritual maybe) but God bless you! The powers at be can test the last nerve of any difficult child's mother, much less two, in the dark, unexpectedly. Enjoy the rest of your night- you deserve it!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Living in the country I have learned to carry a pocket flashlight. Better than candles/matches...... I could so easily burn down the house......... glad your power is back on and if you can splurge on one of those pocket LED flashlights.......