Two Months

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I've hit the 2 month mark at work.

I'm a slugger, and a darn tootin' good one so they tell me. Although I admit 3 wick can get a tad hairy at times but it's that way with everyone. That is not all I do...........but that was the goal for job security. Last to be sent home, last for lay offs.

Still like it there. It certainly doesn't hurt that I'm on one of the best lines boss wise and people wise.

Some high school drama going on.........but of course I'm staying out of that nonsense. I do what I'm told when I'm told whether I care for it or not.

Drama is going on with one of the sluggers that has been there for a few years. Woman admits to being spoiled rotten, literally, as a child by every adult in her life. Has it in her head that since she is a slugger that she doesn't have to do any other job........and will manipulate newbies in order not to have to rotate out. Nice lady........but omg immature, still spoiled........actually threw a royal tantrum complete with tears last week......which got back to big bosses who are now making her life a living hades......and forcing her to rotate even if others aren't.........

And she is of course blaming other people and not herself. Nice lady actually.......but omg.

No one wants to slug with her now.......and I will likely get stuck with it tonight again. She gets mad because I flat out refuse to talk about it. I don't do drama, nor am I stupid enough to have her twist something I say and find myself in a mess. No thanks.

There has to be one in every group. *sigh* But it sure doesn't make me over eager to go to work tonight. Thank god it's Thursday.

by the way I got an A plus on my evaluation. My bonus will be showing up on my check soon along with my bonus for not having missed any days. :) Woot. Not big, but every little bit helps.

cubsgirl

You are so wise to stay out of the drama. I have to watch *everything* I say to a certain dramatic co-worker and I do my very best not to get sucked in. Congrats on your bonuses. :)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yup, IC. It does help the job security, most especially with this job as people call off without a 2nd thought. We had 13 people (our line is not much more than that) call off day shift on monday so they shut the line down and sent home the ones that did show up. Why? Fair week. omg

Making it 8 wks with no call ins is nearly unheard of........and those who don't call off are very valuable employees.

Still makes me shake my head, why would someone call off unless they had at least a year in unless given no choice?? I went in sick as a dog monday and stayed the whole 10 hrs. phht

susiestar

Roll With It
People don't have that work ethic anymore. I am hearing of old timers on factory jobs here who never called off ever but now are doing it right left and center. Why? The companies have no loyalty to the workers, and recently one higher up was heard bragging about how they were doing layoffs and benefit cuts but mgmt was getting HUGE bonuses, up to 20% of their yearly pay, due to meeting production goals. So the old timers, who had the company lose part of their pensions, are arranging 'flu' days where they don't have enough people to run the lines because they are being treated like koi and getting their noses rubbed in by it.

If you are at the main candle co in OH, your mgmt has had their problems and not always been loyal to the workers. I will pm one item that I am sure won't be YOUR problems but if you get relatives working there you will want to be very aware of. I just don't see anything good of broadcasting it, Know what I mean?? Those who are not working there don't need to know.

Congratulations on your bonuses and I am quite sure you are a very valued employee already!